• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forget PAYE, here is Pay Before You Die !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    At this rate it will be Pay Before You Earn, they'll be taxing the babies of middle class non establishment parents based on their estimated life earnings
    that will be university fees then.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
      At this rate it will be Pay Before You Earn, they'll be taxing the babies of middle class non establishment parents based on their estimated life earnings
      They're ahead of you in that respect. They already do, through borrowing (and the QE that subsidises it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
        NZ looks good to me.
        NZ has lowered the points threshold and created/changed some business visas, which has made it pretty simple to get a visa.

Though I do hear that many who move there often return within two years.

I recently met someone who has lived in Australia for 18 months and just couldn't get over the distance to visit relatives. Even though they were earning twice what they were earning here.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Wouldn't be an issue for me as my relatives are all abroad now. I'll need to give it a visit first but on paper it sounds really good - lower tax than here too. If I like it I may consider emigration there in 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
          X