• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R.I.P Richard Attenborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Supposedly he only got his lordship because someone confused him with his brother and was confused about those nice Nature documentaries..
    As that's basically the resolution of the plot of Saki's (H. H. Munro's) story Cousin Teresa, in which the feckless brother of a successful politician scores tremendous popular success with a song he has written for the music halls, and is accidentally knighted as the result of a consequential misunderstanding between civil servants, I think you may have fallen victim to an urban legend

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Pinky in Brighton Rock (school vid) and then Jurassic Park for me. His film credits are impressive though, busy chap.
      Yes, excellent indeed. But if you wanted somebody being cowardly in a submarine, he was your man. I doubt anybody will bother making films about submarines in awkward situations now his undeniable talent is lost to the world

Comment

Not happy, someone posted on Facebook RIP Santa as my 7 year old daughter was using my iPad so now have to explain the real Santa is not dead!!!!!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Was he not the cowardly stoker who leaves his station in "In Which We Serve" who has his backbone, er, stiffened by Noel Coward playing dear old Uncle Dickie?

Indeed he was:

BFI Screenonline: In Which We Serve (1942)

A curious epic reflecting the odd way in which Uncle Dickie managed to lose his ship.
          Indeed, but on the ammunition hoist, so unlikely to be a stoker.

I liked a lot of his stuff, shame he's popped his clogs.

Comment

Couldn't believe the amount of air time that BBC news gave the 90 year old dies shock horror - really.. the top story???

Couldn't be because he was a rabid left wing, minority supporting views?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

He was super-creepy as Christie, the serial killer in 10 Rillington Place...

'It's what we Doctors call a compound.......'

Yuk!

Comment

Can recommend his autobiog, decent read I felt.

Twenty years to make Gandhi, he never saw his kids grow up and he much regretted that.

RIP, Darling.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Can recommend his autobiog, decent read I felt.

Twenty years to make Gandhi, he never saw his kids grow up and he much regretted that.

RIP, Darling.

qh
                  Cheers qh, I will seek that one out, sounds good...

Comment

Working...
                  X