Wot, no Dr Who thread? Wot, no Dr Who thread?
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 131

What a muppet!

Gonzo is a permanent contractor

Default Wot, no Dr Who thread?

I don't post on here so much these days since I am neither a contractor nor in the UK any more (although HMRC still harass me even this far away). But I do look on here from time to time to get a feeling for the current mood of the British people in the light of current affairs.

The new series of Dr Who that started for you last Saturday is not showing on TV here yet (one of the TV Channels has started running trailers to indicate that it will be 'soon', without being specific about when that might be).

I was certain that I would be able to look on here and find out what the esteemed panel of commentators on this site had to say about it but there is nothing. Silence.

Get a move on!

Super poster

tractor 's job has never been outsourced

Default ...

Inter-species lesbian snogging -what is the universe coming to?

Have you tried iPlayer?
    Last edited by tractor; 25th August 2014 at 07:31.

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Cyberpunk mad Dr Who. What's not to love? (I think opinion is split on this one though...)

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Muddled script - seemed as if the first half was written for Matt Smith (manic running about) but it settled down into a decent second half. I do not rate writer Steve Moffat. But I'd give it an overall 7/10.

I'm sure those naughty pirates must have uploaded the episode somewhere and I'm sure you could download it if you can't wait for it to air where you are

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Default Wot, no Dr Who thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't post on here so much these days since I am neither a contractor nor in the UK any more (although HMRC still harass me even this far away). But I do look on here from time to time to get a feeling for the current mood of the British people in the light of current affairs.

The new series of Dr Who that started for you last Saturday is not showing on TV here yet (one of the TV Channels has started running trailers to indicate that it will be 'soon', without being specific about when that might be).

I was certain that I would be able to look on here and find out what the esteemed panel of commentators on this site had to say about it but there is nothing. Silence.

Get a move on!
    We are in Spain and have one of those Android TV units with a VPN from Hola Better Internet, works flawlessly for access to iPlayer!

And over in TPD

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Slow start but didn’t expect that ending (And gotta love the nod to Trigger and his broom) Can’t wait for more!!! #DoctorWho
    Last edited by SimonMac; 25th August 2014 at 07:52.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

I quite liked it. Looks like it will be a fun series.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

1. There was no mention of Silence
    2. Interracial lesbianism
    3. Dinosaurs
    4. Robots
    5. Very old Doctor
    6. Mystery new character and story arc
    7. Appearance by Matt Smith

6/7 out of 10. Not sure on Capaldi yet.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Started on Saturday on German TV too, couldn't be arsed (isn't it for kids though? It used to be when I was younger.)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Started on Saturday on German TV too, couldn't be arsed (isn't it for kids though? It used to be when I was younger.)
    You mis-remember. Dr Who is and always has been family viewing. I.e. for adults and kids. To understand the difference, watch a few Sarah Jane Adventures on CBBC. Of course, there are always pretentious twunts likes Stephen Fry who are so up their own backsides, that they fail to comprehend that not being solely aimed at an adult audience is not equivalent to "for kids".
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    2. Interracial lesbianism
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    2. Interspecies lesbianism
    FTFY
    Lesbian rishathra