• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to cook sausages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I take it nobody read the reviews of the concert then.

Anyways, I used to make sausages, mountains of them, in every conceivable way we could make them.

The recognised perfect sausage mixture is 50% fat, stop eating them while you still have mobility.
    But as we all know now fat is good and carbs are evil so you'll be fine (Unless said sausages are wedged between 2 doorstep sizes slices of white bloomer, yum!)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I take it nobody read the reviews of the concert then.

Anyways, I used to make sausages, mountains of them, in every conceivable way we could make them.

The recognised perfect sausage mixture is 50% fat, stop eating them while you still have mobility.
      what about the breadcrumbs
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Recently rediscovered toad-in-the-hole.

Instant family hit - the kids love it. Of course, we don't get real sausages here, but it works well with merguez.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          But as we all know now fat is good and carbs are evil so you'll be fine (Unless said sausages are wedged between 2 doorstep sizes slices of white bloomer, yum!)
          Oops forgot the (also carb laden) ketchup!

Comment

Poach until cooked then flash fry to colour. Use the 'stock' as a gravy base. Job done.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Poach until cooked then flash fry to colour. Use the 'stock' as a gravy base. Job done.
              nah.
              They come out white, floppy shrivelled and limp. with a disgusting bit of fatty loose dribbling skin on the end.
              my missus likes them to come out stiff, brown,proud, glistening and knowing that once you have had one, you want more
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I cook them on the foreman grill, 9 mins, turning every 3: perfect every time
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  I'd only recommend doing that with pretty large sausages, only time I've cooked then that way is for boudin blanc which I made myself.

I've made my own sausages and use pork belly and try not to grind the meat too finely as well as 10% breadcrumbs. Tbh, how you make them is up to how you like them.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Become a bit of a sausage snob, have to be at least 85% pork.

Have you seen how much fat comes out of the Richmond sausages?

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      Become a bit of a sausage snob, have to be at least 85% pork.

Have you seen how much fat comes out of the Richmond sausages?

qh
                      That's why I started making my own. at least you know what goes into them.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X