• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cabin Friendly Rolling Luggage Case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    That one looks pretty good. Out of stock unfortunately. I live near the Antler factor so might have a look to see if they have a factory shop.

I guess the fact no one has suggested a hard case that they are best avoided?

I love the look of the 4 wheeled ones but can't help think you are losing space with them.
    I have a four wheeled one of these and it's quite unstable when fully packed unfortunately - Cyberlite B1 4 Wheel Cabin Suitcase Purple | Soft Luggage | Antler UK.

Other than that it's got a lot of space and is very well made so if you go for a 2 wheeled version then I would recommend it. The last one I had had (also an Antler) had two wheels and lasted +8 years and only went for the 4 wheeled one as it was easier to move around.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
      There should be a fatwa on ' apprentice ' wheeled cases and their owners, I've lost count of the number of times some tw@t tries to run over my foot with them in a public place. use a holdall you're not disabled
      I think it became a fashionable thing to do, a 'look'. I've seen plenty of young wanna-be-someone-important types walking into clientco offices with their two wheeler bags. Thing is they do it every day and you know damn well they aren't getting on a plane, or doing the sort of job that requires business travel.

If the chaos they cause at rail stations during rush hour wasn't bad enough, it was the moment 2 wheeled 'laptop cases' arrived on the scene that was the final straw for me. Their lower height makes them even more difficult to see and avoid. Thankfully small 4 wheel spinner cases are replacing these as 'fasionable' luggage now and aren't nearly as dangerous.

Comment

but what do you do about mouthwash/toothpaste etc

cannot be carried in the cabin so do you just buy when you are out there or what?

always wondered really

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          but what do you do about mouthwash/toothpaste etc

cannot be carried in the cabin so do you just buy when you are out there or what?

always wondered really
          small toothpaste and shaving gel canisters can be taken..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As I am now working away for this gig my usual procrastination has to be put on hold, looking at this:

Samsonite Motio Garment Bag with wheels Graphite - Samsonite.co.uk

Just would have liked to have seen it int he flesh before buying
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So what do you get for spending 3X more than a decent one, or 7X more than a cheap one?

The one expensive brand case we ever bought, one of the wheels snapped off on the very first use. All our cheap ones survive except where the airport machinery mangles them and on that basis I think I'd rather buy 7 cheap ones as they get battered.

Plus, cheap cases probably look less inviting to steal
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm a cheapskate and bought one of these.

It's either a rucksack or a rolling case and the front laptop compartment zips off so you can use it as a separate laptop backpack. And it's cheap as chips
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  So what do you get for spending 3X more than a decent one, or 7X more than a cheap one?

The one expensive brand case we ever bought, one of the wheels snapped off on the very first use. All our cheap ones survive except where the airport machinery mangles them and on that basis I think I'd rather buy 7 cheap ones as they get battered.

Plus, cheap cases probably look less inviting to steal
                  The build quality on a Samsonite is second to none, I still have a set of hard cases from excess of 20 years ago I use regularly safe in the knowledge if the plane blew up mid flight the suitcases would be ok
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'm a fan of Stratic, not very well known German brand. Have a couple of their cabin and hold suitcases, very well made, not the cheapest one out there but well worth it

using this for cabin

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      The build quality on a Samsonite is second to none, I still have a set of hard cases from excess of 20 years ago I use regularly safe in the knowledge if the plane blew up mid flight the suitcases would be ok
                      Same here however, the new Samsonite range is not as good as the old and is also twice the price. These days I would go for Peli 1510, cheaper and stronger

Peli 1510 case - Airline hand luggage Jit-Pak
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X