• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

voluntarily benching yourself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
    Don't like the excrement they've got me shovelling
    "I'll shovel it, I'll live in it, but I won't take it."

Comment

I always do it. I like to take time off after a contract and I don't like being pestered by agent while I'm on holiday.

I find work within a week or two (which I suspect means that my rate is too low - must sort that out next time...)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've done this for the last couple of summers.
        I timed it perfectly last year, though I mistimed it this year and had a couple of wet & windy weeks off before the new contract kicked in.

Where I live, unless it's summer I'd rather be working.......

Comment

Do it all the time. Feel better for it in so many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I always do it. I like to take time off after a contract and I don't like being pestered by agent while I'm on holiday.

I find work within a week or two (which I suspect means that my rate is too low - must sort that out next time...)
            It may also mean you're very good at your job!

I have in the past not taken renewals and had some time off, this time however no renewal as it was an interim gig for someone on maternity.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X