• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the UK leaves the EU the EU will open the door immediately to Scottish membership
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      You can't get EU membership without a lender of last resort you cretins.
      That's why there will be a currency union

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        If the UK leaves the EU the EU will open the door immediately to Scottish membership
        There's also the chance that rUK will be a new entity and will have to reapply to join the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          That's why there will be a currency union
          You have heard every UK party say there will be none.

Comment

Bit unfair on current EU citizens to be kicked out and asked to join a queue to get back in though?

Especially since Scotland has so many natural resources like the fishing grounds and green energy potential wind & wave power to meet the targets that the EU is trying to achieve.
            Iceland has some of the things you are boasting Scotland has.

Their membership also won't cause the threat of break up of other EU countries.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              You have heard every UK party say there will be none.
              The currency union will be with the Euro.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The currency union will be with the Euro.
                But that is not what is being offered.

I have been on stag nights with more planning than this. The SNP are hiding behind raw ugly nationalism refusing to answer questions.

Comment

There's also the chance that rUK will be a new entity and will have to reapply to join the EU.

Maybe - but the UK would not rejoin. The politics suggest that the EU will not wish to see the sphere of their power reduced. They will not want to see separation from the EU so bringing Scotland quickly back would be in their interests.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think the Shetland question has boxed them in

Comment

Bit unfair on current EU citizens to be kicked out and asked to join a queue to get back in though?

Especially since Scotland has so many natural resources like the fishing grounds and green energy potential wind & wave power to meet the targets that the EU is trying to achieve.

Anyway, Call Me Dave & Nigel will be doing their best to take us out of the EU in 2017. Nigel will be coming to Scotland next week telling us how it's best if we are in a union while he is trying to take us out of a union.
                      I don't know why they are so eager about the union. I like UKIP best out of the UK's political offering, but they should really align their position on exiting the EU with allowing Scotland to secede. If one of the two parties no longer wishes to be joined with the other, it's foolish to keep them bound together. I wouldn't be surprised if it in fact helped UKIP's position, were Scotland to leave, since Scotland is more left-leaning politically, and more pro-EU, so frankly their eagerness to see it remain part of the UK is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                      X