• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wasting Police Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The NHS feels You should just shut up and do what the doctor says? Because you are getting it for free
    FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apparently the treatment costs £100,000 per patient so it's possible the treatment was refused on cost grounds based on the likelyhood of success/failure.

The police could have raised an alert for people to look out for them due to medical advice for the lad but to treat them like criminals when they hadn't actually committed a crime was criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        The NHS feels You should just shut up and do what the doctor says? Because you are getting it for free
        Not all doctors believe that.

I've met a few people over the last few months whose consultants are waiting on NICE to approve drugs so they can prescribe it for them. These people actually asked the consultants about the drugs for their disease.

On the other hand some consultants refuse to believe the expensive drug they have prescribed for someone has caused some of the horrible side-effects listed.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't think anyone looks good out of this.

Comment

I would not be surprised if we are not being told the whole story. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I would not be surprised if we are not being told the whole story. Time will tell.
              Its the press. When do you ever get the whole story....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Its the press. When do you ever get the whole story....
                The hospital will be restrained from telling its full story. I've worked on wards (and later on related policies and IT implementations) where JWs' children have been very sick and difficult discussions have been had around treatment plans involving blood products. While the proton beam therapy is not such a treatment, I wonder if there had been previous discussions which alerted the child's healthcare team to potential conflicts which might lead to parents deviating from a consensus of which treatments were of overall benefit to the child. It would also be interesting to know whether the child had been assessed for the NHS protocol for funded proton beam therapy and whether a second opinion had been sought.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  The hospital will be restrained from telling its full story. I've worked on wards (and later on related policies and IT implementations) where JWs' children have been very sick and difficult discussions have been had around treatment plans involving blood products. While the proton beam therapy is not such a treatment, I wonder if there had been previous discussions which alerted the child's healthcare team to potential conflicts which might lead to parents deviating from a consensus of which treatments were of overall benefit to the child. It would also be interesting to know whether the child had been assessed for the NHS protocol for funded proton beam therapy and whether a second opinion had been sought.
                  Ah yes please do enlighten us some more. OG. The JW bit has you frothing doesnt it.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Its clear that someone used the two words 'grave danger'

at that point , the deputy big dog copper shat his pants.

now some nhs dude has said 'what grave danger ?'

at that point , the deputy big dog copper shat his pants.
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Ah yes please do enlighten us some more. OG. The JW bit has you frothing doesnt it.
                      Not at all. Every seriously ill JW child I've known, has ended in an agreement by the parents to consent to transfusion without court intervention, but they are difficult discussions.

Comment

Working...
                      X