• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Base spec is around $6K. It says so in the first sentence of the article you quoted
    Confusing us with the facts again, Specifically In General.

Goddamn monkeys.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Got €30k on standby for the Mac Pro. Maxed out for me excel spreadsheets.
      No doubt you'll forget to expense it, and then it will get stolen from your THH room.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I should buy two then. Always handy to have a spare.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There was an interesting thread on Twitter earlier from someone who works in one of the target fields for the new Mac Pro (high-end video production) explaining why it's worth the price and so is the monitor, and you don't need either of them unless that's the kind of field you work in: Michael Pusateri on Twitter: "Finally, I can tweet knowledgeably on a topic, the new Mac Pro & display. I help oversee 175+ Macs used for professional video editing, audio mixing, and graphics creation. Here's a 'hot take' on the new Mac Pros."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Base spec is around $6K. It says so in the first sentence of the article you quoted
            Even if the full spec was $6k it would need to come with a free Ferrari to get me even slightly interested. The only good news is they're killing iTunes, which has previously cost me some of my hair (and turned some of the remainder a hint of silvery grey). I would like to spend my last 10 mins on earth with a small axe and an Apple "lifestyle technician", or whatever the arse those w@nkers call themselves these days.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Even if the full spec was $6k it would need to come with a free Ferrari to get me even slightly interested. The only good news is they're killing iTunes, which has previously cost me some of my hair (and turned some of the remainder a hint of silvery grey). I would like to spend my last 10 mins on earth with a small axe and an Apple "lifestyle technician", or whatever the arse those w@nkers call themselves these days.
              They're only killing the Mac version of iTunes. Windows users will still get all the benefits thereof

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Can I watch?

Comment

Sounds like I'll need two of those monitors. I do like my editing my holiday snaps.

My big dilemma, the chassis with casters or fixed legs?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds like I'll need two of those monitors. I do like my editing my holiday snaps.

Which is more likely to lead to an injury?

Comment

Fixed legs would be more stable when an A380 rumbles down 09L/27R
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X