• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the Day

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I’m currently recruiting for a middleware analyst with good experience on Weblogic and excellent skills within UNIX and Linux.

Responsibility
    • Proactively identify the opportunities to stabilize the Test environments.
    • Identify environment gaps and implement improvements on the critical applications.
    • Work with the IT and business teams to define/refine the book or work for the year
    • Perform the role of Test Environment SME within project teams
    • Building and execute project plans for various streams of work through SIT and UAT environments.
    • Leading teams of matrix managed resources to implement the improvements to various environments
    • Manage relations with the IT teams, external interface providers & to execute the book of work.

Requirement:
    - Independent, Strong diagnostic & remediation ability.
    - Good understanding of Middleware technologies such as MQ, Tomcat etc.
    - Ability to quickly assimilate technical information.
    - Technical understanding of Databases, UNIX & Windows
    - Solid interpersonal skills
    - Exposure to ITIL Aligned service management
    - Must have worked in a heterogeneous environment and at least 6-8 years’ experience in handling large projects

This is a contract opportunity for initially 6 months and the daily rate on offer is £240/day.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
    Stuart

Stuart Chappell

Originally posted by stek View Post
    - Solid interpersonal skills
    Mine are a little loose.

Must have worked in a heterogeneous environment
    I'm definitely hetero, but "genius" is possibly stretching the truth.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Matrix managed? That's where they plug a wire in the back of your neck right?

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
        Matrix managed? That's where they plug a wire in the back of your neck right?
        Nah, just means you are everyone's bee-atch
        latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

What's the location? I'm sure he'll find someone to take it who won't be much good but there's someone out there.

I had a mail from him 2 days ago looking for an infrastructure architect in glasgow for £375/day. He seems to pick up low rate stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Mine are a little loose.
            You should eat more fibre.

Comment

- Good understanding of Middleware technologies such as MQ, Tomcat etc.
              Errm, Tomcat doesn't sit as middleware in my eyes. Does that mean I pass the test and can apply...

- Independent,
              I'm married, darn it.
              Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                Nah, just means you are everyone's bee-atch
                Yep, why have one manager getting in your way when you can have three of the

Comment

Working...
                X