• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists - shave your legs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists - shave your legs

Wind Tunnel Data Shows Shaved Legs Are Faster

Especially Mudskipper...

Shave away. That's one competition I'm happy not to have with the wifey.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

One minor point; I crashed in the velodrome at about 50 kph, having not shaved my legs, the first time I rode there. I learnt my lesson. Some hairs got trapped in the little gaps between the boardings as I slid to a halt; yeeooowwww!!!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice,

that is probably a faster therefore a less painful option than an epilator

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          One minor point; I crashed in the velodrome at about 50 kph, having not shaved my legs, the first time I rode there. I learnt my lesson. Some hairs got trapped in the little gaps between the boardings as I slid to a halt; yeeooowwww!!!
          MTFU.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            MTFU.
            You don't know how it feels.

It hurt even more than Manflu.

Comment

You don't know how it feels.

It hurt even more than Manflu.
              BBC NEWS | Health | Women feel pain more than men

Women are bigger wimps than men when it comes to pain, research suggests, contrary to the popular notion that the reverse is true.
              WMSS
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

there is feeling and tolerating

and then

there is feeling and wimpering

there is your mars, venus differential.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  there is feeling and tolerating

and then

there is feeling and wimpering

there is your mars, venus differential.
                  Then there is feeling, shouting 'f**k that hurts' and then getting back on the bike.

Miss Pendleton was quite good at that. But then somehow she spontaneously burst out blubbing about the pressure and the journalists and all those nasty people saying nasty things, having shown herself to be really quite 'ard when it comes to physical pain.

Comment

When I was a teenager I came off my push bike while bombing down a hill in Southern Italy, and slid along the road for a few feet.

With the friction, and the baking heat of the road, a full box of matches in my jeans pocket (a small pocket right round the front, rather than a side pocket) burst into flames and practically exploded.

Now that's pain!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X