• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

minnie's Moroccan mega-marathon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini! Ahaaaaaaaa!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gNIVpMXHqlk
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Never expected that YOU were so needy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fpjuoKhfJo
      Needy? I kept it quiet on here and never made a squeak but now it is out I'm trying to convince brillo to come with me next time, I would love to use the knowledge that I have of the event to give to another dedicated endurance athlete. Just because the sum of your Monday expectations is not buying 3 bottles of red does not mean we should all be fat useless underachievers.

I have no shame in saying that the Kennedy moon speech was a big inspiration during training, why would it?

"Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas? We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too"

I know you see that text as a collection of words

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Needy? I kept it quiet on here and never made a squeak but now it is out I'm trying to convince brillo to come with me next time, I would love to use the knowledge that I have of the event to give to another dedicated endurance athlete. Just because the sum of your Monday expectations is not buying 3 bottles of red does not mean we should all be fat useless underachievers.
        I'd love to hear about your training and the event itself - good stuff

Comment

The more you post the more horrific it sounds!

I actually find the idea of the severe heat the real scary part. If it was "just" an ultra run which killed your feet I could at least see the attraction in some some conceptual sense. But just walking around somewhere like Dubai in light summer cloths makes me feel awful! Maybe I'm just sensitive to heat but watching sportsmen train in saunas - for tennis, F1, etc - maybes me feel ill on their behalf

Anyway, good on you. Nice to have an interesting thread for a change.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Brillo, in 15 months you can get one...

Over the last 12 months I have became a dad and ran the MDS. Running the MDS was easier. When people say running the MDS is hard it ain't. OK day 4 was hard.

Graham Souness when playing for Liverpool was asked once if he though the game that day would be stressful, he replied "not being able to pay your mortgage is stressful"
            That's more encouraging! But I need more time to think about it - at the moment I am still butilding up muscles for running properly.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Ok, so this time will you run it for a charity?

Maybe we can get some fellow Cukkers to pick something suitable?
            Not sure if that was aimed at myself or Minnie - maybe both. But if I do my enduroman for a decent distance I intend to do it for a CUK nominated charity. Sockies anonymous, bed-wetting assistance, AidTheObese are just 3 that spring to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I'd love to hear about your training and the event itself - good stuff
              Same here - very interesting stuff. I would also like to hear about your diet and calorie intake.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  God I forgot this thread existed. <Shudder>
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    God I forgot this thread existed. <Shudder>
                    When I think of how awesome Minnie is I shudder too. I have done a triple IronMan - but no way would I attempt this. I still don't understand how the keyboard warriers who have done f&&k all with their miserable lives(Smeggers and Atwat - this means you) can dare to post on Minnie...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      When I think of how awesome Minnie is I shudder too. I have done a triple IronMan - but no way would I attempt this. I still don't understand how the keyboard warriers who have done f&&k all with their miserable lives(Smeggers and Atwat - this means you) can dare to post on Minnie...
                      Being good at something or doing a thing doesn't automatically make you a decent human being.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X