• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM: To Kate McCaan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone watched the Netflix Documentary.....

I did, one of their "friends" actually watched her being kidnapped. Didn't mention it till later.... Nice..

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Anyone watched the Netflix Documentary.....

Spent longer watching the documentary than the parents spent watching maddy...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        It appears a number of my FB friends are/have and are suddenly experts on the situation and think I'm interested in their opinions from the armchair
        Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
        Eleanor Roosevelt
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          I did, one of their "friends" actually watched her being kidnapped. Didn't mention it till later.... Nice..
          That does rather suggest that the parents didn't do it nevertheless.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            That does rather suggest that the parents didn't do it nevertheless.
            That's it then, case closed.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Guesses to how the crime occurred and how the perp(s) got away with it:

Theory 1: Abduction.

The Tapas Gang were known to follow a pattern of eating out each evening and downing 8-10 bottles of wine, with the men doing periodic checks on the kids left home alone. This made it easy for an abduction, especially with the patio door left unlocked. The Tapas Gang were not honest with the checks to avoid further negligence claims that would affect all those with or without a missing kid. Lack of CCTV and credible witnesses, and the Tapas Gang being bladdered so not noticing anyone loitering over one or more evenings, mean the perp(s) got away with no hard evidence left behind. Any evidence left at scene was destroyed by not closing crime scene as soon as disappearance discovered, instead letting many people interfere with the scene, including closing the shutters that were reported to have been initially found open.

Theory 2: Accidental death and subsequent cover-up by parents.

Kid overdosed or had accident and found dead during one of the checks. Body hid in sports bag in the apartment until safe to move elsewhere (possibly church). Disposed of later when media presence had reduced so they could stash body in hire car. Inconclusive evidence and anyone wanting to pursue this theory risks legal action paid for out of the fund donated by public.

To me either is possible and unless someone fesses up the lack of evidence means it will go unsolved.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Dear Kate,

I've been on holiday for nearly 3 weeks now and my son hasn't been kidnapped/murdered and buried under a car park.

Admittedly, we've taken him to restaurants with us, his grandparents have babysat on the rare occasion that we've ventured out alone.

Even during his afternoon nap, one of us has remained in the apartment.

Please can you give me some advice?

Yours etc.

Churchill.
                If she joins and calls out your toxic comments will you back down and delete this thread, apologising along the way?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  If she joins and calls out your toxic comments will you back down and delete this thread, apologising along the way?
                  Do I *look* like any of the snowflakes that populate this forum?

Anyway, glad to see you've not died/left the forum/been locked up yet!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    I only got to episode 2. God it was sloooooow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X