• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renewing your vehicle tax online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewing your vehicle tax online

Don't even bother today!

True to form the new discless system comes in force and you cannot even renew. Pages won't load and timeout. Been like it since yesterday.

Page performance graph looks like they stress tested it once during the last year and it has had zero visits in between.

Morons.

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Don't even bother today!

True to form the new discless system comes in force and you cannot even renew. Pages won't load and timeout. Been like it since yesterday.

Page performance graph looks like they stress tested it once during the last year and it has had zero visits in between.

Morons.
    I wouldnt bother even when it is working. Wifie has a personal plate on her old banger and the look up function couldnt find the car despite the fact its been carrying the plate for the last 12 years.

WTFs that about?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      I wouldnt bother even when it is working. Wifie has a personal plate on her old banger and the look up function couldnt find the car despite the fact its been carrying the plate for the last 12 years.

WTFs that about?
      Be thankful. At least they can't sell your details to Nigerian politicians who want to give you $420,000,456,128 but just need your bank details

Comment

Still got a tax disc that expires e/o 05/2015.

Seems a bit wrong just throwing it in the bin, considering the price I paid for it.

I'm using it as a coaster for my brew instead. The most expensive coaster to ever exist.
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          Still got a tax disc that expires e/o 05/2015.

Seems a bit wrong just throwing it in the bin, considering the price I paid for it.

I'm using it as a coaster for my brew instead. The most expensive coaster to ever exist.
          Not by a long shot. Try these.

Or $100,000,000 for this.

Comment

Not by a long shot. Try these.

Or $100,000,000 for this.
            There's always one!!!!
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

DVLA Website: Total Inability To Support Usual Performance

Unprecedented demand tonight. We built to scale but 6000 a minute is causing slow response. Around 250K have taxed tonight so keep trying
              — DVLA (@DVLAgovuk) September 30, 2014
              How many million cars are in the UK?

Divide by 12 and that gives you a rough estimate

edit:
              almost 40 million

3.3 million month. 250K seems a bit short of that, even considering that folks with a bit of foresight might not have waited until the last minute
              Last edited by Sysman; 1 October 2014, 12:48.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Why leave it to the very last day before it expires to renew?

You can still renew in the post office and also over the phone 24/7 now.

I'll be setting up an annual direct debit when mine expires at the end of the year and then I can forget about having to renew it again.

Comment

Don't even bother today!

Morons.
                  Sorry to sound smug, but I did mine last friday and romped through the pages with no problem.

edit: Ah, but thinking about it I used their old pages (as I don't like the sound of "beta" where money is involved!)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Stupid question - is the new process that you can only pay monthly for your tax? Some fella on R4 was talking about how all cars will now be sold as untaxed.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X