• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA!

Quiet one tonight as I've been away all week.
    Sat: Taking Motherdearest out for a birthday lunch with the rest of the family
    Sun: Will take a wander down to support a couple of mates doing a 1/2 marathon. Maybe try and get some alfresco cooking done. Might mow the lawn. All very much weather dependent

Enjoy Rome!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      While I continue to wander around Rome, thankful I'm a contractor so can manage the overspend on what was already a very expensive holiday, what are other people up to ?

This post merely to emphasis that I'm in a 5 star hotel in Rome while you are working today!!!
      Do they have champagne?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Do they have champagne?
        Of course
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Of course
          Isn't it a bit early?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Weekend plans

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Isn't it a bit early?
            Given the price of the average beer it's better value. Sat down London prices are a bargain

However I'm at the Vatican at the moment so staying sober til later
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Leaving work in Edinburgh aat 4 and driving home. Should be home for 8 - tea and beer.
              Up tomorrow and train to London as boredblokess wants to see the poppys at the tower. Train back on Sunday and fix on of my sons PC's
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                TFA!

Quiet one tonight as I've been away all week.
                Sat: Taking Motherdearest out for a birthday lunch with the rest of the family
                Sun: Will take a wander down to support a couple of mates doing a 1/2 marathon. Maybe try and get some alfresco cooking done. Might mow the lawn. All very much weather dependent

Enjoy Rome!
                What's cooking on the egg this weekend?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  What's cooking on the egg this weekend?
                  Dunno yet. Will see what looks good at the butchers. Haven't done Pulled Pork for a while.

Comment

Cheers, everyone have a good one...

Weekend started yesterday due to today being a public holiday, Tag der Deutschen Einheit (German Reunification Day.) Drove down to Essen to Freak Show to catch O Lendário Chucrobillyman and Wasted Pido, a couple of one man bands (*) and a rather excellent evening was had grooving away and drinking Astra beer. Traffic was tulip driving home though and will stay in with a pizza and film this evening. Weather is ******* gorgeous though so I'm sitting on the balcony...

Tomorrow will be a spot of bunny hopping followed by football and pub. Sunday its off to Böllenfalltor to see SV98 Darmstadt vs. Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd division

(* O Lendário Chucrobillyman and his tropical one man band...
                    The "Legendary Chucrobillyman" was born in Brazil country side, lived his childhood hearing the frenetic noise of tractors and hoes around the fields and plantations. After got his first guitar and listen to the old rock'n roll, garage music and Old Brazilian country songs recordings Chucrobillyman started his one man band, playing Instruments such drums, pieces of garbage, Brazilian viola guitar mixing that sort of influences to make a raw bluesy dirt music. Legendary Chucrobillyman has been participating in several music festivals all over Brazil and made some incursions to Europe and released three albums since today, the later one called "Chicken Album" Chucrobillyman introduces his way to play the Brazilian viola guitar, mixing his self vision about blues, punk rock and the tunes of Brazil country side life.
                    Legendary Chucrobillyman works on Brazil playing and producing concerts for many artists as: Dead Elvis (Germany), Two Tears (New York), Black Mekon (England), Hugo Race and the true Spirit (Australia) and many many others. He starts his own label “Fon Fon Records which released many albums for himself and other artists as “Os Penitentes”, Koti and the Arctic Hollers”, "Thee Lo-Hi's" and others, and works as graphic artist doing many artworks for records, posters and etc.
                    Wasted Pido one man band is a show of dirty rock n roll, a mixed-up lo-fi attack of no-future country ballads made with cheap electronic devices.
                    Country-punk in love with the dirty ways of lo-fi rock’n’roll, eko guitars and cheesy drum machines. Wasted Pido Played with John Woo , L’Amico di Martucci and The Hormonas. Since those days he record stuff with cheap tape recorders, self-producing demotapes on non-existing labels. Fast as a hell-bound train trashing with satanic fuzz or cool and smooth on a folk picking guitar, since 2005 Wasted Pido record and perform as one man band around Italy, Europe and South America, running the Cowpunx From Hell movie project.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X