• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson - Take A Bow Sir!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    More like it

Although Mitch did just outclass OG in the driving of the offended bus
    Indeed he did - maybe he has just passed his test and fancied giving it a go?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      So Dad's Army wasn't funny and shouldn't have been made? Kelly's Heroes? It Ain't Half Hot Mum?

At the time, we may have both been developed nations, but there was and still is a world of difference between us. One of the biggest differences was that our guys had a choice whether to join, many of theirs were conscripts and had no choice. I guess they were just lucky they weren't one of the Vanished.
      Allo Allo! made the Gestapo funny.

Comment

the point that is made is they are still quite upset with it.

The Falkland Islanders were given a vote and decided to remain British. That in my opinion is the end of it.

Because the Argentinians invaded and the British defended one of their protectorates we should feel no guilt.

The Argentinians were bullies and trounced, whilst I feel sorry for the individual soldiers (just as I do for most conscripts and even volunteer soldiers in most wars) but Argentina needs to admit to themselves its over.
        The Falklander islanders have clearly indicated they don't want to be the Malvinas.

Maybe its a Spanish cultural thing because they are the same with Gibraltar.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Maybe its a Spanish cultural thing because they are the same with Gibraltar.
          Although it looks like more modern Argentinians are descended from Italians than Spaniards.

Argentines of European descent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Although it looks like more modern Argentinians are descended from Italians than Spaniards.

Argentines of European descent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            30% were Spanish and it is the dominant language. Maybe the Italians aren't in charge? Bit like South Africa or Rhodesia? You don't have to be the majority of the population to rule the Romans showed that.

Comment

Thing is, the plate is almost certainly the original plate for the car. So unless they went out and sought a car with a plate, then it does seem rather coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Thing is, the plate is almost certainly the original plate for the car. So unless they went out and sought a car with a plate, then it does seem rather coincidental.
                I suspect they did. As someone said, next seasons ratings are assured.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  30% were Spanish and it is the dominant language. Maybe the Italians aren't in charge? Bit like South Africa or Rhodesia? You don't have to be the majority of the population to rule the Romans showed that.
                  The Spanish were there first and set up the government structures in the 17th and 18th century; after that, lots of Italians arrived and became the majority. However, Italy has only been a state since 1861 and before that was made up of several smaller states with their own languages, sometimes mutually understandable, sometimes not. Castilian, however, was a pretty unified language covering much of Spain (not Catalonia and the Basque country though). Nation states are a lot younger and less permanent than some people think.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    The Spanish were there first and set up the government structures in the 17th and 18th century; after that, lots of Italians arrived and became the majority. However, Italy has only been a state since 1861 and before that was made up of several smaller states with their own languages, sometimes mutually understandable, sometimes not. Castilian, however, was a pretty unified language covering much of Spain (not Catalonia and the Basque country though). Nation states are a lot younger and less permanent than some people think.
                    interesting thanks.

Comment

Is Clarkson a clown not to be taken seriously ...?

“many commuters are now switching to bicycles … can I offer five handy hints to those setting out on a bike for the first time.

1. Do not cruise through red lights. Because if I’m coming the other way, I will run you down, for fun.
                      2. Do not pull up at junctions in front of a line of traffic. Because if I’m behind you, I will set off at normal speed and you will be crushed under my wheels.
                      Or is he an anti-social arse, guilty of condoning violence and the destruction of lifesaving equipment?

As I drove down the M20 into Kent last Monday, I noticed that most of the speed cameras had been burned out by vandals. This is disgusting. It is ridiculous, criminal and stupid that the person who savaged these life-saving devices should target the M20 … and then stop. Why did you not keep right on going? I can think of six cameras on my way home that would be immeasurably improved with a spot of petrol and a match
                      I favour the clown verdict myself.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X