• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most dangerous religion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Because this is exactly the kind of anti-government propaganda spread by Tea Party supporters. You know why Americans like guns so much - it's how they're to protect themselves against the government. Right wing American Christian fundamentalists support the Republican party because the Republican party (they believe) is the party of small government. The Democrats (they believe) want the federal government to control everything, and then bury any dissent in a FEMA coffin.

Try this for size: The Cult of Statism | LibertarianChristians.com
    The guy is an anarchist, and anti-religion - yet you suppose that it's fundamentalist christian propaganda because 'no government' (presumably) has to pass through 'small government' along the way?

And because some Americans like guns (to protect themselves from government), and some Americans are christian, then talk of the illegitimacy of government is christian propaganda?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Maybe I do.

But it is tin foil hat stuff.
      Which bit do you find particularly tin foil hat-ish?

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Which bit do you find particularly tin foil hat-ish?
        The whole lot.

Comment

And because some Americans like guns (to protect themselves from government), and some Americans are christian, then talk of the illegitimacy of government is christian propaganda?...
          Very similar to American right-wing fundamentalist Christian propaganda, yes. It was reminiscent enough to make me stop bothering with the video after about 30 seconds.

Nice try at the logical inconsistency, btw, but fails on accuracy.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Maybe the Fundies do get some stuff right, then...

Comment

Very similar to American right-wing fundamentalist Christian propaganda, yes. It was reminiscent enough to make me stop bothering with the video after about 30 seconds.
              You watched 30 seconds of a 12 minute video and concluded that I was posting christian propaganda? Is PjClarke your sockie?

Nice try at the logical inconsistency, btw, but fails on accuracy.
              You said that I was "...posting right-wing American Christian fundamentalist propaganda... Because [it] is exactly the kind of anti-government propaganda spread by Tea Party supporters."

If you failed to gain any context from watching all of 30 seconds, then that's your mistake. Some people suggest that people who don't know what they are talking about should keep quiet...

Comment

You watched 30 seconds of a 12 minute video and concluded that I was posting christian propaganda?...
                Seemed like it. I certainly wasn't going to waste any further time on what is clearly tin-foil hat territory - whether anarchist, antichrist or christian. Far more fun to wind you up.

If you failed to gain any context from watching all of 30 seconds, then that's your mistake.
                Definitely not a mistake.
                Some people suggest that people who don't know what they are talking about should keep quiet...
                if you truly believed that, you'd never open your mouth, nor apply finger to keyboard.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seemed like it. I certainly wasn't going to waste any further time on what is clearly tin-foil hat territory - whether anarchist, antichrist or christian. Far more fun to wind you up.

Definitely not a mistake. if you truly believed that, you'd never open your mouth, nor apply finger to keyboard.
                  "I am rubber, you are glue" ?

You're not winding me up. I'm just presenting you the opportunity to make yourself look like a tit - there is no battle to be won here.

Regardless of what twists and evasion you use to try to disparage me, your inability to think lucidly is here for posterity - if it looks like a tit, and it quacks like a tit, then it's probably a tit.

Comment

I do find it ironic that an anti state anti big brother disciple uses both facebook and google to promote their view.

They are either thick or just at it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Did someone mention sofas?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

AtW.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X