• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oscar's Sentence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Doesn't matter what we think, it's what can be proven.
    People can have opinions.

The question wasn't "is Oscar guilty?".

Thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
      Gaol? How old are you??
      Old enough to read Oscar Wilde?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Domestic violence isn't taken seriously in South Africa whether the perpetrator is Black or White.
        I am sorry, but I disagree with this type of wholesale judgement. I have spent 38 years living there, full time and I still spend at least a month there, per year. I have never come across an incident of domestic violence which has been tolerated, by the authorities, or by society.

The fact that there are higher numbers of violent cases of abuse, is more of a social issue and a reflection of the break down of the mores of society.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          I am sorry, but I disagree with this type of wholesale judgement. I have spent 38 years living there, full time and I still spend at least a month there, per year. I have never come across an incident of domestic violence which has been tolerated, by the authorities, or by society.

The fact that there are higher numbers of violent cases of abuse, is more of a social issue and a reflection of the break down of the mores of society.
          Don't start trying to ruin the CUK opinion based 'facts'.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Don't start trying to ruin the CUK opinion based 'facts'.
            OK - I agree with Sue-Ellen, then. See what an agreeable bloke I am, now?
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Gaol or community service?

Personally I find the way he is being portrayed as the victim, offensive.

Hang the murdering bastard!
              DOH! I thought we'd be discussing Oscar Wilde's sentence.

Two years in Reading Jail seemed a bit harsh, but it's a bit late to complain about it now.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                DOH! I thought we'd be discussing Oscar Wilde's sentence.

Two years in Reading Jail seemed a bit harsh, but it's a bit late to complain about it now.
                Pain in the arse for his cellmate too....

Comment

You wake in the middle of the night and hear someone in the bathroom. Your wife/gf who you went to bed with is not there. Must be an intruder in the bathroom, best shoot some bullets throught the door.

With all the other inconsistencies in the story it was obvioulsy a pack of lies and 5 years/possibly 10 months is an utter joke. Nothing to do with justice and everything to do with having an expensive legal team. Let's face it a poor man would be going down for 20 yrs.

He took the life of someone in their prime. if he had held up a bank he would get a longer sentence.

..expecting DA to pipe up with his "you're a sanctimonious leftly" claims now.
                  Last edited by ZARDOZ; 21 October 2014, 14:04.

Comment

Working...
                  X