• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile only yesterday this Philip Ross character from IPSE posted another article:

2014-11-12 Why the UK should form a Freelancer Limited Company

It started out as an idea on the fringe of the Labour Party conference. It was then picked up and made a proposal by IPSE, the trade body for contractors, formerly the PCG. It’s now commanding column inches in the national press. The Freelancer Limited Company (FLC) is indeed gaining ground, writes Philip Ross ...
    Seems to me that PCG has been completely hijacked and subverted by left-wing activists
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It was interesting only in so far as it was a classic example of political waffle that avoided the question being asked.
      Yes.

Ask a direct question and there will be one of three standard actions:
      • A reply which doesn't address the question
      • A reply which implies that you are stupid for asking the question in the first place
      • No reply at all

With regards to the debate about the manifesto, we've now seen all three. BINGO!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Yes.

Ask a direct question and there will be one of three standard actions:
        • A reply which doesn't address the question
        • A reply which implies that you are stupid for asking the question in the first place
        • No reply at all

With regards to the debate about the manifesto, we've now seen all three. BINGO!
        If that's the level of responses then how on earth can they claim to represent the views and interests of their members?
        Executives of members organisations that take that kind of arrogant attitude should be booted out immediately, but I suspect that they've all got a secured vote base since so few actually participate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          If that's the level of responses then how on earth can they claim to represent the views and interests of their members?
          Executives of members organisations that take that kind of arrogant attitude should be booted out immediately, but I suspect that they've all got a secured vote base since so few actually participate anyway.
          The irony is that the current lot booted out the previous lot because they weren't happy with them.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            The irony is that the current lot booted out the previous lot because they weren't happy with them.
            Indeed, ipse elections are looming in the new year, who will make the leap from keyboard warrior to CC election candidate

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Indeed, ipse elections are looming in the new year, who will make the leap from keyboard warrior to CC election candidate
              You know, this attitude and the largely pejorative attitude to people asking questions doesn't help anyone at all. I find that the attitude toward people legitimately asking questions both here and on the IPSE forum is pretty shocking. Just because someone asks a question doesn't make them a keyboard warrior.

I'll be quite honest with you here - I am seriously re-considering my IPSE membership and whether I should just go to QDOS instead despite the increased cost. Most of that re-consideration is not because of the PSC FLC idea but due to the attitude displayed to those who dare to have the audacity to question the IPSE proposals.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                Are IPSE forum handles shown on the manifestos? Just want to make sure I don't vote for you
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                  You know, this attitude and the largely pejorative attitude to people asking questions doesn't help anyone at all. I find that the attitude toward people legitimately asking questions both here and on the IPSE forum is pretty shocking. Just because someone asks a question doesn't make them a keyboard warrior.

I'll be quite honest with you here - I am seriously re-considering my IPSE membership and whether I should just go to QDOS instead despite the increased cost. Most of that re-consideration is not because of the PSC FLC idea but due to the attitude displayed to those who dare to have the audacity to question the IPSE proposals.
                  The reason why I pay QDOS rather than IPSE is down to 1 IPSE promoting keyboard warrior on here. The (know it all, I'm better than you) tone of all his comments is one that really does the organisation no favours...
                  Last edited by eek; 13 November 2014, 12:48.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Are IPSE forum handles shown on the manifestos? Just want to make sure I don't vote for you
                    Yes, they are.

They are also on the IPSE website for many of the board and CC members.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post

Posting on CUK will not change ipse policy, being on the Ipse CC committee will !!!

It's not exactly a high bar to get elected (just about a walk in) or if your female it is a walk in !!

Thus if several vocal CUK(ipse members) stand for the elections you can set policy rather than whinging about how bad it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X