• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

are you allowed to ask questions on this site?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    I have a question.

We have a help desk that can sometimes help, but often doesn't.

i.e. I was unable to connect remotely. I called to raise a ticket to sort my problem, leaving them my telephone number.

They emailed me to say I needed to re-request access. And closed the ticket saying I had approved its closure. Naturally the first I learned of this was when I got back into the office.

And sometimes, as they did today, they send a "How did we do?" email inviting us to complete a questionnaire.

I snapped today. In completing the questionnaire I may have mentioned they were stupid. I may have mentioned they were cretins.

The red mist has gone now. Should I apologise?
    You should know by now that a fundamental principle of ITIL is that any ticket can be closed or the clock stopped for any reason and by any person whatsoever provided it means that targets are met.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
      Should I apologise?
      If you find the need to apologise, make sure you apologise for any offence taken, not for the remark itself.
      Last edited by mudskipper; 5 November 2014, 09:42. Reason: Corrected. Thanks eek.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        If you find the need to apologise, make sure you apologise for any offence caused by your remark, not for the remark itself.
        Surely you are apologising for any offence taken not caused. I don't cause you to be offended if I call you a you simply took offence when I call you a

The above is an example. MS is many things but a is not one of them. Suity however.....

As for the original question. They are playing a game rather than solving the problem and that is just plain stupid.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Surely you are apologising for any offence taken not caused.
          Yes, indeed. An important distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
            So that other posters can view learn, improve and contribute ?

Or should we just

a, ask our accountant (common response from some old hands zzzzzzzzz)
            b, read the FAQ's (sometimes its not practical to read hours of docs)
            c, grow a pair.

just asking

Note I did ask my accountant and he said I don't know, I read the FAQ and couldn't locate the information and I seem to have found some balls...
            You found some balls. All you need to find now is find the caps lock or shift key on your keyboard.

Comment

Anyone is ALLOWED to ask questions, however the only questions anyone SHOULD ask are:

Do you like gladiators?
              Can you bleed a radiator?
              Would Mitch?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                If you find the need to apologise, make sure you apologise for any offence taken, not for the remark itself.
                I'm sorry but I never apologise!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've got another one.

What's wrong with this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz_cK81IAAALruq.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Anyone is ALLOWED to ask questions, however the only questions anyone SHOULD ask are:

Do you like gladiators?
                    Can you bleed a radiator?
                    Would Mitch?
                    KUATB
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X