• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone seen Interstellar yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I saw this on Sunday, more time travel clap-trap.

don't.

just

don't
    Time travel isn't clap trap if it involves only travel into the future.

Mind you, "experiencing five (spacetime) dimensions" sounds like clap trap.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I liked Gravity so it this is better I will take a trip to the flicks if I can sort a baby sitter.

I was reading that the last Hobbit film (battle of five armies) is filmed in a new digital format 4K????, so would be worth seeing it in IMAX 3D? Or is there a new type of 3D that will no doubt be marketed for this purpose?

qh
      I just got a Retina iMac, downloaded some 4k trailers for Interstellar, Elysium, Gone Girl and I can hardly tell the difference.

Still, incredible amount of screen real estate for more Unix terminal sessions to sort out this Shellshock Bash bug which causing havoc and crashing systems everywhere....

Comment

Just watched it on the laptop. Brilliant, stunning and very emotional. Loved it. Up there with 2001.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Just watched it on the laptop. Brilliant, stunning and very emotional. Loved it. Up there with 2001.
          Are you sure you weren't watching 'Into Stella' the new movie about wife beating?

Comment

some of it was stunning. i liked the dusty western contrasting with the technology of the future. the cinematography was properly awesome - some real old-school big screen stuff mixed up with hollywoods love of cgi. but wondering off into the desert and discovering stuff was eye rolling daft and the science stuff towards the end was awful. 6/10 mcconaughey is a great actor but go see "mud" or "we are marshall" instead.

Comment

Working...
            X