• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird spam

I keep getting emails along the lines of the following in my inbox. What's the point of it?

hi there

Federal law or the law of any State in which such trade or business is conducted. The services in the small towns primarily serve the surrounding community.
    During the 1970s he served a stint as a Regents Professor at the University of California, Davis. Vega served his eighth year as Chairman of the Board of Freeholders, the longest serving chairman in county history.
    David Arnold, Henry Brecher, Dan Fagre, Ulysses S. Behind their back Tommy calls Nancy's father and informs him that his daughter is dating someone from the college.
    The hitman loses his grip and falls to the gym floor below as police sirens are heard. At the same time, Massachusetts numbered the continuation of the road from Connecticut as Route 193. Apart from these classics, about 240 songs written by the Kanaka Dasa are available today.

MF sent me an email like that.

Comment

That's made my eyes go funny. Is it from your doom predicting friend?
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        I keep getting emails along the lines of the following in my inbox. What's the point of it?

hi there

Federal law or the law of any State in which such trade or business is conducted. The services in the small towns primarily serve the surrounding community.
        During the 1970s he served a stint as a Regents Professor at the University of California, Davis. Vega served his eighth year as Chairman of the Board of Freeholders, the longest serving chairman in county history.
        David Arnold, Henry Brecher, Dan Fagre, Ulysses S. Behind their back Tommy calls Nancy's father and informs him that his daughter is dating someone from the college.
        The hitman loses his grip and falls to the gym floor below as police sirens are heard. At the same time, Massachusetts numbered the continuation of the road from Connecticut as Route 193. Apart from these classics, about 240 songs written by the Kanaka Dasa are available today.
        I assume someone is trying to learn the algorithms of the spam systems to work out what will work next time.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I assume someone is trying to learn the algorithms of the spam systems to work out what will work next time.
          Do spammers get told when their spam email is blocked?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Do spammers get told when their spam email is blocked?
            depends there is a mechanism to tell them but many companies don't turn it on to avoid spammers learning the rules.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Or they have already sussed the algorithms and are now fishing for live accounts. No bounce back = live email address. Expect incoming proper spam very soon.

Apples mail app used to have a nice feature where you could manually "bounce" an email to make it look as if it had not been delivered.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

i just got a weird one

hi there

This was followed by amazing news. At the hotel, Dave and Vince start suspecting each other.
                Archaeology and Language, vol. A bright moon fills the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

hi there

Was the subject "Test <number>"? I've had a few today like that.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Was the subject "Test <number>"? I've had a few today like that.
                    I've had a couple too, my usual spam has attachments I'd rather not open, but these are just a few lines of random text.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X