• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You reap what you sow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belief

What is harsh is Satan and his followers deceiving billions of people and leading them into eternal damnation. That is truly harsh.

Comment

Not so wise

You obviously missed the message of Jesus

John
      "13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends"

In your scenario the priest will not go to hell. He died that someone else will live. That is ultimate act of love. Indeed what Jesus did for us all. John 3:16.

As for the Hitler example God cannot be deceived - was he truly sorry on his death bed? Only God will decide that.

Comment

What is harsh is Satan and his followers deceiving billions of people and leading them into eternal damnation. That is truly harsh.
        But isn't inaction on God's behalf (i.e. not spreading His message more widely or sooner), which effectively abandons billions of people to eternal damnation through no fault of their own, similarly harsh?

Extremely harsh on, say, the Jews, the same God telling them that following the ten commandments and some other strictures will lead to eternal life at His side and then changing His mind later.

Comment

I did not know viz was supposed to be spreading god's message. Must be something in Johny Fartpants I missed.

Frankly, there is little sense in any of it. Even if we assume there is a god, trying to figure what his purpose was or what he wants us to do, or even discern which is the true message out of all the noise and false claims is quite impossible. There is simply no point in wasting life trying.

When you are about to pop your clogs, stand on your head and whistle God save the queen, it's as likely to be the true road to salvation as anything else.

PS Explanation of first para. LB changed viz to ie. Not fair.

Comment

It does seem at face value as though this Christian God is an arbitrary sort of fellow. I mean those Jews who believed what His prophets said must be, quite rightly, a bit hacked off in their eternal torment. Wouldn't it be ironic if He changed His mind again about the route required to gain access to eternal life?

Comment

PS Explanation of first para. LB changed viz to ie. Not fair.
              Like Lucifier, like God I say.

Comment

Satanist

Never mind protecting satanists et al.
                This new law will give the nazis all the amunition they need to harras the Jews and the Muslims forever. It may even allow them to get these religions made illegal.

These two religions clearly state in their religious books that anyone who does not follow their religion may be regarded as non human and should be put to death. (I am paraphrasing, dont be picky).

That means their religions propose religious hatred of any who do not proscribe to their particular doctrine and should therefore be illegal.

Do you believe Nick Griffin and his friends will let this one pass?

Comment

Ignorance is not bliss

Lucifer

You are clearly unaware that Jesus was the fullifllment of the Hebrew Messianic prophecies. I suggest instead of plucking things from the air, you pick up a Bible and start reading it. If you have not got one there are many online. I recommend Bible Gateway

Comment

Re: Ignorance is not bliss

Ah the law of unintended consequences.

So true, so true.

Comment

Re: Ignorance is not bliss

You are clearly unaware that Jesus was the fullifllment of the Hebrew Messianic prophecies
                      Not according to the Jews.

So is it possible for a Jew (or indeed anyone) who lived before the birth of Christ to achieve eternal life?

Comment

Working...
                      X