• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lewis or Nico?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button has stated that while he wants to be paid for his work, it's not about the big bucks. Which suggests he's not playing silly buggers like Alonso or Hamilton would.

Although when it comes down to it, they have all the money in the world! I don't see the salary really being the issue here.

I think you're right that all the driver slots are now confirmed (other than Caterham/Marussia should they return). Magnusson has been fairly good but not exactly set the world alight and he's not very exciting for media either - outside Denmark where he's a national hero.

I guess we just wait and see. I'd like to see JB fight Alonso, he did well against Lewis.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I guess we just wait and see. I'd like to see JB fight Alonso, he did well against Lewis.
      It would be interesting. Everybody assumed Button would be no match for Hamilton, but in the three years they had the same car Button scored more points. Everybody assumed Rosberg would be no match for Hamilton, but Rosberg nearly won the championship in the same car, and did win the pole position trophy despite everybody saying Hamilton is the best driver over a single lap. I suspect in both cases the hype over Hamilton gave Button/Rosberg extra motivation to prove everyone wrong and probably the same would be true if Button is paired with Alonso.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I acknowledge Hamilton won, but respecting him is difficult. Why is that?
        Don't know why, but I share the sentiment. BBC has an article about how this seals his history as one of the greatest ever drivers. Really??

This season threw up some surprises - Vettel getting outshone by his team-mate in every way possible must be a wake-up call for him. Will be interesting to see how Red Bull and Ferrari work out next year. Good to see Red Bull finally having the shoe on the other foot and talking about needing changes because Mercedes had a much better engine than they had access to
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Don't know why, but I share the sentiment. BBC has an article about how this seals his history as one of the greatest ever drivers. Really??

This season threw up some surprises - Vettel getting outshone by his team-mate in every way possible must be a wake-up call for him. Will be interesting to see how Red Bull and Ferrari work out next year. Good to see Red Bull finally having the shoe on the other foot and talking about needing changes because Mercedes had a much better engine than they had access to
          I do hope that Raikkonen does better next year, it will be interesting to see how the dynamic between him and Vettel works. Similarly to see what happens at mercedes especially after this season.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hamilton is quite 'polished' and into his looks and brand which puts people off on a surface level, but I don't see how anyone can suggest he's not an incredible driver. He hasn't done enough to cement his place as an all-time great in my view, but is more than capable of doing so.

Hopefully we'll get to see him having to race against more cars next year.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I do hope that Raikkonen does better next year, it will be interesting to see how the dynamic between him and Vettel works. Similarly to see what happens at mercedes especially after this season.
              Raikkonen is the most boring man in a sport which has quite a few boring people in it

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Hamilton is quite 'polished' and into his looks and brand which puts people off on a surface level, but I don't see how anyone can suggest he's not an incredible driver. He hasn't done enough to cement his place as an all-time great in my view, but is more than capable of doing so.

Hopefully we'll get to see him having to race against more cars next year.
                Pretty much all the old school f1 greats were able to compete and win in an inferior car.

Maybe the technology is better now but it just seems that some cars are just better than most others.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Everybody assumed Button would be no match for Hamilton, but in the three years they had the same car Button scored more points.
                  I see this metric thrown up a lot (generally as a Lewis put-down), yet I don't see other drivers having multiple years' points summed up.

In championship terms, Lewis beat Jenson 2-1
                  Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
                    I see this metric thrown up a lot (generally as a Lewis put-down), yet I don't see other drivers having multiple years' points summed up.

In championship terms, Lewis beat Jenson 2-1
                    And in years where they had the same car, they are 0-0 in championship terms.

When Button won the championship, he had the best car by a long way over the start of the season, aided by the interpretation of the diffuser rules.

When Hamilton won this year, he had the best car by a long way over the whole of the season.

When Alonso won his two titles, he didn't have the best car by a long way, and yet still managed to win the championship.

When Schumacher won some of his titles, he had the best car by a long way, and a team mate who had the role of blocking everyone else that might have challenged.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Err, they raced together in the same car for 3 years unless I missed something.

2 of those years Lewis scored more, 1 year Jenson scored more.

So in championship terms , from 2010-2012 Leis beat Jenson 2-1.

All this totalling up of 3 years points to prove a point is a load of tulip.
                      Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
                      X