• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lewis or Nico?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis or Nico?

Hopefully we're in for a cracking race, but who is going to win?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Nico might win the race but I think Lewis will win the championship.

Comment

1994 Adelaide?

Comment

I think Lennox is the better boxer, though getting on a bit. Still too powerful for the German singer Nico, who since her death has not made an appearance anywhere near the ring.

My money's on the Big Canadian.

Comment

well that was a shock...

not

Think I will give next years multi billion pound stage show a miss and get back to some decent grass roots racing thanks.

Comment

It was a shame but Lewis won it on the start and was never going to drop to third, or even second, from there.

New we just wait to see who McLaren keep, unless Button throws up his hands in disgust and takes the decision out of their hands. Last year the new boy got booted out because he couldn't out qualify Button...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              New we just wait to see who McLaren keep, unless Button throws up his hands in disgust and takes the decision out of their hands. Last year the new boy got booted out because he couldn't out qualify Button...
              That's one interpretation, but the rumour was that McLaren found Perez a bit lazy and unwilling to work as hard, and you can imagine what Ron Dennis would think of that.

Sadly I think Button will be dumped.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It seemed to be looking that way but now I'm wondering if it's swinging back the other way as JB has been doing an excellent job. It is all rather a mess though. Hardly getting off to a great start for 2015.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But then it's not just about who does the best job. Button's a lot more expensive, and that's money that could go elsewhere, and as a long term prospect Magnussen may well turn out to be the better option. They could opt to keep Button for another year (and for Honda's first year), and keep Magnussen on as a test driver and put him back in the car for 2016. It's not like Magnussen has any other choice in F1, whereas Button would probably walk away if he wasn't going to get to race.

Ted said yesterday Button's result is what kept McLaren ahead of Force India and that saved them about £10m for next year, which is about his fee.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My money is on Lauda

I acknowledge Hamilton won, but respecting him is difficult. Why is that?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X