• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best time to go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cherhill View Post
    Oh crawl back under your stone you pathetic little man. You have far too much time on your hands, get a girlfriend you sad prick.
    For those of you struggling with a translation of this, it means:

"You win, I am a tit."
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
      For those of you struggling with a translation of this, it means:

"You win, I am a tit."
      No it actually means anybody who posts 6,958 times and spends all his days doing so has a pretty sad and boring life.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Did you mean that your God (has) never seen such bad English or 'My God, I've never seen such bad English'?
        That post has been deleted, strangely enough.

Muphry's Law strikes again.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Irretrievably off topic - moved to General.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            FTFY
            Not any longer it would appear, seems he is a special sockie.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by LostInTheCity View Post
              Hi there,

Just wondering what is the best time go?

As myself did it twice in the past:
              1) after 4+ years at the same client, understood "time to go" and give a notice, otherwise "job for life" :-/
              3) extension delayed due to a projection about to "sink" nowhere, so found another gig

What about you?

Ops, realised 2 months until the end of current gig and sounds like another extension, but another 4 years gone oh dear
              You should ask for a rate rise at the start of every new contract, you may find staying in the same place for too long does not become a problem. If it does you are not asking for enough.

HTH
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by LostInTheCity View Post

Just wondering what is the best time to go?
                If it is a number one, best to wait until you have a fairly full bladder but not up to the point of it being painful. That makes best use of your time without suffering discomfort.
                If a number two, go seat yourself on the toilet just incase it is diarrhoea. Make sure you take plenty of toilet paper.

Comment

Working...
                X