• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is all this money coming from?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The money doesn't come from anywhere. The government makes a promise to pay, then at some point in the future everybody will default, there'll be a big war, and the few people that survive will have bigger problems than worrying about old fashioned concepts like money.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      The money doesn't come from anywhere. The government makes a promise to pay, then at some point in the future everybody will default, there'll be a big war, and the few people that survive will have bigger problems than worrying about old fashioned concepts like money.
      One word - GILTS
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Tax take has gone down.
        So have wages in real terms and the refusal to deal with zero hours etc means that the spending has to go up because even though people are working harder, the taxpayer still has to subsidise multi nationals who pay tulip wages and pay their taxes in Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          So have wages in real terms and the refusal to deal with zero hours etc means that the spending has to go up because even though people are working harder, the taxpayer still has to subsidise multi nationals who pay tulip wages and pay their taxes in Belgium.
          Yep. Higher unemployment is just what the country needs.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Yep. Higher unemployment is just what the country needs.
            So is more expensive employment.

I still don't see the point of people coming out of state benefits to continue subsiding them to roughly the same tune. Except from a politician skewing the numbers of course. This is why even though unemployment is going down, costs remain the same or even increase. It's just moving the costs up or downstream - a particular failing of most change programmes. As long as the cost is out of your domain, it's a success

Comment

I am not sure what your problem with zero hours contracts is. Work no matter what sort or how it is paid is a means to step up into a better and more secure job. Employers who use zero hour contracts will find that they are not getting the skills they need and will be forced out of markets.

The danger of course is where monopolies exist and it is these that should be watched and controlled.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I am not sure what your problem with zero hours contracts is. Work no matter what sort or how it is paid is a means to step up into a better and more secure job. Employers who use zero hour contracts will find that they are not getting the skills they need and will be forced out of markets.

The danger of course is where monopolies exist and it is these that should be watched and controlled.
                Because it's all smoke and mirrors. I don't argue that people should be made to work if it is available but I am unconvinced of the value to the taxpayer when such work is subsidised and there is no overall saving because the net effect is that (mostly) large employers have their wage bill subsidised even more than usual. Blame Labour for starting it all, but I don't see any conservative trying to fix it yet.
                Last edited by tractor; 3 December 2014, 11:08. Reason: Because I don't yet know the difference between their and there :(

Comment

The wonders await...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    The wonders await...
                    OMG we just got rid of the FLC debate and here it is again

Comment

OMG we just got rid of the FLC debate and here it is again

Comment

Working...
                      X