• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Almost 12:30....Keep your eye open......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal tax threshold up.

That'll help my (low paid) lads.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      well they have put 25% tax on offshored profits, should be interesting to collect that. Only 4BN in next 5 years seemed a little low.

BBC News - Key points of 2014 Autumn Statement: At-a-glance
      Isnt it 25% tax on profits generated in the UK but shifted offshore, a la starbucks, to avoid UK tax?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        Isnt it 25% tax on profits generated in the UK but shifted offshore, a la starbucks, to avoid UK tax?
        hence 'offshored' rather than 'Offshore'.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          They've swapped places from that image. Or that image isn't from today's speech.
          Booo. How interesting, it was on the Telegraph website - now it's not there.......

Comment

Yes

Stamp duty cut, even if you have exchanged, Result!

a large bottle to be enjoyed tonight.

Comment

Yes

Ah, it's now a progressive tax, interesting...

Comment

"Old pacer carriages on Northern Rail and the Trans-Pennine Express replaced with new and modern trains."

I did laugh at this, they're are scheduled for removal anyway 2019? via disablity legislation.

Can't come soon enough, god I hate Northern Rail (only using until contra flows are gone from M56).

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Yes

and now done the calculation I'm one of the 2% that pays more looks like I didn't win this time neither does anyone who pays more than £375K but I missed a bullet as I have a choice.

13:26: Stamp duty rates Mr Osborne spelled out the new stamp duty rates.
                  No tax on the first £125,000 paid
                  2% on the portion up to £250,000
                  5% up to £925,000
                  10% up to £1.5 million
                  12% on everything above that.
                  He said:"As a result stamp duty will be cut for the 98% of homebuyers who pay it."

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    "Old pacer carriages on Northern Rail and the Trans-Pennine Express replaced with new and modern trains."

I did laugh at this, they're are scheduled for removal anyway 2019? via disablity legislation.

Can't come soon enough, god I hate Northern Rail (only using until contra flows are gone from M56).

qh
                    Cynic!
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Cynic!
                      Moi? Perish the thought. (I have a sneaky feeling there may be a snap election next year.)

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X