• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holidays! (remember those?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays! (remember those?)

Hey all,

Do you tend take days off during Christmas at all? I feel stingy due to loss of daily rate exacerbated by exorbitant airfares and hotel prices, which like trebles the damage.

Thoughts?

I do, I like to bleed radiators over the 2 weeks.

Comment

Off for 2 weeks

3 days bank holidays, 5 days site closed, 2 days to make the full 2 weeks.

Other contractors also have 10 day furlough from November to January.

Comment

2 week furlough from Clientco but will work through Plan B during that time as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
          Hey all,

Do you tend take days off during Christmas at all? I feel stingy due to loss of daily rate exacerbated by exorbitant airfares and hotel prices, which like trebles the damage.

Thoughts?
          Finish on the 18th, back 28,29,30, off 1,2,3,4,5.

If I wasn't working from home, I'd have the three days off in the middle as well like I normally do.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks for the reminder

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I do, I like to bleed radiators over the 2 weeks.
            Plan B needs new gas certificates in 3 weeks time.

Comment

My contract was due to finish at the end of the year, and I was planning on taking a week or two off in Jan while looking for something else, but it's now been extended to the end of March so I'm going to treat myself to a fortnight off over Xmas/New Year.

Won't be going anywhere exciting though, unless you count bathroom showrooms exciting. Been promising myself some home improvements for a while now.
              • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
              • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

19 days enforced by clientco - waaahoooo, havent had that much time off since school! (half a century ago)

Boss perterbed that my plan for my time off is more detailed than my ClientCo project Plan

Comment

Off from the 20th till the 5th - it's when my contract ended and also I'm going to find some Christmas Sun, just like Jesus would've had
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    2 week furlough from Clientco but will work through Plan B during that time as usual.
                    WHS, but not working on Plan B, enjoying time with the kids as it ties up nicely with their school holiday, might try and squeeze a flight over to Spain to see the parents and surprise them
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X