• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sitting down & standing up again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to try just in case I can't do it and have to spend then next six years wondering when the axe will fall...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      What load of complete bollocks that article is. Still, it is the Wail.
      That article should carry a health warning.

Oh.

It's right there in the title.

<cynical mode>
      It's probably been sponsored by the Physiotherapists Marketing Board (if there is one)
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Sorry, but isn't something with daily mail and science/tech in the URL a contradiction in terms?
        I've not been able to do this since my early twenties and I'm not dead yet...
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I used to do 12 unassisted stand up and sit-downs per night.
          Then I realised that I could carry a fozzies in each hand, so now I do 6

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Fifty, smoker, drink far too much, bugger all exercise and did this no problem.
            So time to tear up those silly new year resolutions me thinks.

Comment

I can tell you right now I cannot do it, nor would I ever try to do it.

Comment

I mentioned this to the current wife at breakfast. She's a sucker for this kind of thing. I then endured a very disturbing few minutes as she grunted and rocked back and forth in her dressing gown and pants.

Comment

Did it no problem. Standing back up took a bit of thrust though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                    Did it no problem. Standing back up took a bit of thrust though.
                    After CUK's little version of kristallnacht look who appears.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      After CUK's little version of kristallnacht look who appears.
                      CUK is blocked at my new contract, what have I missed?

Comment

Working...
                      X