• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obin Allan, chairman of the independent explorers' association Brindex, told the BBC that the industry was "close to collapse".
    He's talking about his bit of the industry, and that's the bit oil companies will be using their cash on when prices are high.

Oil exploration is often a very long term investment because stuff they find that's uneconomical to extract today might become economical to extract with some combination of new technology and future prices.

But it's very reminiscent of the early 80s.

Oil price too low: it's hurting our income.
    Oil price too high: pound too high and it's hurting our exports.

I got sick of it then and I'm sick of it now.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Yup the cuts will come.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 December 2014, 10:47.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        I believe that decline in the oil industry will be offset by the upward trend in every other business caused by the falling energy prices and lower costs. About time to cut the huge profits of the oil giants. Too bad it will be the low end employees who will take the brunt of the cuts.

Subsidize them? WTF

Lets increase the fuel duty, keep the petrol prices the same and use the proceeds to subsidize the oil giants...
        Right on..
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Yup the cuts will come.
          Is that a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            Is that a typo?
            Yup | Define Yup at Dictionary.com

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
            X