• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FIFA corruption

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA corruption

Sepp Blatter going for a 5th term as FIFA president - an organisation so corrupt it rivals African States

BBC Sport - Fifa and Sepp Blatter in secret talks about president's future

Is it ever going to regain any credibility with this two bit chancer at the helm?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

England should have pulled out of the Russia and Qatar world cups when they were announced, Germany would have done the same by now.

It's the only way that they will get shot of FIFA.

Comment

The low point was when the guy charged with investigating the corruption quit after saying his report was changed, you can't get lower than that.

Why on earth would the English or German FA risk losing all that money? Principle, don't make me laugh, football is ruled by money, those with the money have the power!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If the Germans and the English has walked out then they would have probably folded on their demands.

But really how much do they earn from the world cup? I've never seen a football association fold due to a team not making the world cup. Shirt and team sponsors is the big one and I would think they would be all for it, it would align them with what would be seen as a moral crusade. I don't think many WC sponsors will be in place by the time it gets to Quatar.

EDIT: and lets face it, I said for 2 years England would not get out the group, everyone laughed and I was proven right, you will only get 3 games anyway.

Comment

Who cares. It's all about a stupid game, these people take themselves too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Sepp Blatter going for a 5th term as FIFA president - an organisation so corrupt it rivals African States

BBC Sport - Fifa and Sepp Blatter in secret talks about president's future

Is it ever going to regain any credibility with this two bit chancer at the helm?
            I don't think it matters who is at the helm. The organisation seems to be rotten to the core.

Who voted for Qatar and Russia? Blatter didn't give them a majority.

Who misrepresented Garcia's report? It wasn't Blatter.

Who deleted all the Russian correspondence relating to their bid? It wasn't Blatter.

He's in it up to his neck but there are many more like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              I don't think it matters who is at the helm. The organisation seems to be rotten to the core.

Who voted for Qatar and Russia? Blatter didn't give them a majority.

Who misrepresented Garcia's report? It wasn't Blatter.

Who deleted all the Russian correspondence relating to their bid? It wasn't Blatter.

He's in it up to his neck but there are many more like him.
              Yes but as the president it is up to him to root out the corruption - the fact that he does not makes him completely responsible for the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Who cares. It's all about a stupid game, these people take themselves too seriously.
                spoken like a Geek
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I really didn't think they made brown envelopes that big.

I'd back Bernie Ecclestone, if he decided to run.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    I really didn't think they made brown envelopes that big.

I'd back Bernie Ecclestone, if he decided to run.
                    Isn't he part of the same group of corrupt businessmen running sports: Bernie Ecclestone being sued for
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X