• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil < $50 a Barrel. The Dirty Spekulant thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Think long-term. The beneficiaries of low oil prices could not be clearer.
    Surely that relies on the dip/crash in oil prices being similarly long-term - if it's a blip then making trades based on market overreactions would be sensible.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Why would you not reveal it, you think a handful of other people knowing will have any effect on your results?
      I would not expect so. I'm just not in the habit of giving up information for free.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, that suggestion will provoke me into revealing my strategy on the public forum. Seriously though, it's bleeding obvious. You'll kick yourself when you figure it out.
        Yes, Airlines & Logistics companies. But I'm interested on which ones the panels think are the biggest winners.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would not expect so. I'm just a horrible human being
          FTFY.

Comment

Chip shops use a lot of oil, so going to buy some chips and hold on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Yes, Airlines & Logistics companies. But I'm interested on which ones the panels think are the biggest winners.
              You've missed the opportunity to short AirAsia btw.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Chip shops use a lot of oil, so going to buy some chips and hold on to them.
                Watch out, MF may be after your investment.

Comment

Think long-term. The beneficiaries of low oil prices could not be clearer.
                  You sound like a teacher who revels in making his class feel stupid.
                  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                  • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Surely that relies on the dip/crash in oil prices being similarly long-term - if it's a blip then making trades based on market overreactions would be sensible.
                    People you've got it backwards.

The effects of a low oil price will be long-term. Now think about who'd benefit from that. The glut is irrelevant yet seems to be the focus for a strategy.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
                      You sound like a teacher who revels in deluding himself that he's making his class feel stupid.
                      FTFY.

This trying to sound clever by withholding information sounds a bit like a certain CUKker currently struggling to use WiFi.

Comment

Working...
                      X