• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got spam from myjobmatcher today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been getting the regular emails since September last year. Clicked unsubscribe recently and can confirm it works.

Here's a subset of the junk domains filter on the email address I give to agents and job sites:
    Code:
    *@* dot cccampaigns dot net
    *@brother-mailer dot com
    *@contractjobs dot com
    *@contractormortgagesuk dot co dot uk
    *@contractormortgagesuk dot com
    *@contractrecruit dot co dot uk
    *@cv dot taylorcvs dot co dot uk
    *@earnclever dot com
    *@elitepaygroup dot com
    *@email dot contractjobs dot com
    *@itonlinelearning dot co dot uk
    *@myjobmatcher dot com
    *@payrize-marketing dot com
    *@pcs-email dot co dot uk
    *@taylor-cvs dot co dot uk
    *@taylor-cvs dot com
    *@thecvwriters-mail dot co dot uk
    *@thecvwriters dot co dot uk
    *@total-cvs dot co dot uk
    *@ukcareerservices dot co dot uk

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Report spam / Add to spam.
      This.

My spam box is chocca with them.
      Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

I haven't had a single email from them, this must mean they realise that I am too high a calibre contractor for them to even bother contacting.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

If you want to know where they got your details, email [email protected] - according to their Twitter feed today.

Lots of people complaining about it - I like the way they also have an "article" about "are the right people reading your CV?" on the site.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What can you do about if their response is less than convincing?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got my response back after asking them where they got their information. As expected I got a reply saying they work with many different partners and by registering with one of them I have accepted to have my details passed to them. No detail of which partner.

I guess I have been given the brush off which makes me think someone is trying to hide something.

Worth pursuing or just forget it. I de-registered from their site so they won't be pestering me again.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I deregistered and didn't bother taking it any further because I didn't think it would go anywhere.

I tweeted about it so if anyone was looking at them I was another voice in the sea of complaints...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  I got them too but blocked the email domain. I don't like clicking 'unsubscribe' on something I've not subscribed to.

I also got one from Worklifers today after they had "received my CV online". They said I had opted into a service that recruiters offer via online job boards. Can't remember doing that one either.
                  Has anyone used this Worklifers outfit?

I'm well aware that most of the CV rewrite services are a waste of time, but their offer is essentially CV SEO which, on the face of it, sounds like it might be worthwhile.

I just wondered if anyone had used them.

Comment

I unsubscribed 3 years a go but it started again

Through registering with our partner Applitracker, your account with MyJobMatcher.com has now been created.
                    Never registered with Applitracker (consciously)
                    There is an unsubscribe button at the very bottom

Comment

Working...
                    X