• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowed In!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No snow here (well there was about 1mm yesterday but its buggered off), a bit non-tepid though, then again I'm semi-benched so I don't really have to go out until next week or this evening
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      The village wine bar near the butchers is home to Uppity chavs of Farsley. Every Friday night is a -> night!
      It's a wine bar. Terrible by definition!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        First time I have ever not been able to get to work. I was supposed to be working from home anyway, but my sons were supposed to be at school. Luckily for me one of my two next door neighbours tried to get out of our lane first and got stuck. I offered my sympathies of course and left him to it.
        I drove from bingley to hebden and back today. Cock hill was a bit tricky, but other than that there wasn't much drama

Comment

Looks like I'll be WFH tomorrow as well unless there is a massive thaw. It hasn't stopped all day and there are some very deep drifts.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Oxenhope is a pretty decent village. But anything close to Keighley is a tuliphole!
            5 bedroom detached house for sale in Hawkstone Drive, Utley, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
              I drove from bingley to hebden and back today. Cock hill was a bit tricky, but other than that there wasn't much drama
              I live on Black Moor Road between Oxenhope and Haworth, there are 3 foot drifts and I drive a 3 series BMW, I'm going nowhere!
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

No snow here in central Scotland.

One time in Y2K I knew snow was due overnight so I got up at 5am to dig the car out. Still stuck at 7am so called the manager to tell him I would just WFH. He insisted I went in so, instead of working, I spent the morning digging myself out the whole street.

I decided then I would get a 4x4 as I didn't want to miss a day's billing at any future ClientCos and I've had one ever since.

Comment

I live on Black Moor Road between Oxenhope and Haworth, there are 3 foot drifts and I drive a 3 series BMW, I'm going nowhere!
                  Are you sure you are cut ....

Comment

Are you sure you are cut ....
                    That's why I'm trying decide between a Maserati and a Range Rover, today has just about made my mind up. It has to be the Maserati, more WFH!

Comment

Brow top road was a bit tasty early this morning, but fine this afternoon. I'm going to be going down it again in the morning, if I get stuck I'll give you a shout!

Comment

Working...
                      X