• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay for falling Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay for falling Euro

Now beer will only be £5.50/pint in Finland when we visit!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Same price as a Big Mac in Switzerland.

McDonald's Big Mac burger costs a staggering £5 in Switzerland | Metro News

Simple solution, don't buy it.

Comment

You make it sound like beer and burgers are luxury items.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Now beer will only be £5.50/pint in Finland when we visit!
        I doubt it's £5.50 a pint, more like £5.50 for a 200ml glass.

Comment

£1 now €1.33
          Litre of Diesel in Calais €1.089 = £0.815
          Litre of Diesel at my local Sainsbury's £1.109
          Full tank (my car) is 65 litres = £72 UK £43.17 France Difference £28.82
          Cheapest ferry ticket I've seen £70 (return)
          So add a few bottles of wine and groceries and it's profitable to hop over for the day (if you live near Dover)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I doubt it's £5.50 a pint, more like £5.50 for a 200ml glass.
            Last year the cheapest we found - local lager - was €6 for a 500ml 'pint' but they don't have standardised sizes - many pubs do 500 or 400 as a 'pint' then 300 or so as a 'half'. Some do all of these, or different combinations for different beers.

And unlike the UK, supermarket prices are nowhere near as cheap. A can of the same lager could easily be €2, even buying a multipack.

Finns love drinking too, no idea how they afford it especially as they like shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              £1 now €1.33
              So add a few bottles of wine and groceries and it's profitable to hop over for the day (if you live near Dover)
              That's the price for a quickie in Yorkshire!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                £1 now €1.33
                That's a very expensive ferry ticket. I think we used to pay a tenner when we did a booze (well Auchen Ketchup) cruise....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was working in Helsinki a while back and found it quite cheap compared to other Scandinavian countries, even in the posh hotel I was in. There are a lot of Russians there though as St. Petersburg is within driving distance.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Finns love drinking too, no idea how they afford it especially as they like shots.
                    You should have a look on the foot passenger ferry to Estonia during the weekend. People literally taking trolleys on board totally loaded up with cheap (and may I add, tasty) beer on the way back.
                    Fins in the west go on booze cruises to Sweden, they don't leave the ship when the rest disembarks in Sweden, they stay on board and stay drunk

Comment

Working...
                    X