• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rugby Football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Excellent work
    Where is your dopey husband? is he still stalking the Mcanns ?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Results for the ballot for Twickenham tickets is out this weekend, fingers crossed.

The only thing I dislike about watching internationals there is the 80-odd thousand people are usually pretty quiet. I hear more noise from fans when I go to see Brentford at Griffin Park, and they only fit in about 12,00 on a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Excellent work
        And will you be actually changing your team at all this year or just leaving it with nice looking blokes with bog thighs (again).
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          And will you be actually changing your team at all this year or just leaving it with nice looking blokes with bog thighs (again).
          Prob just stick with the nice looking fellas
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            The 6 Nations is about to start and all we hear about are England's injury problems. Then you look at all the other countries involved and they have the same problems.
            Wales don't have the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
              If this is the criteria we are using, then cricket and F1 go before rugby.

There are actually fewer serious injuries in rugby now then ever, despite players being bigger and faster than ever.

Can't wait for the 6 nations this year, even though I don't fancy England's chances much.
              Where do you get your information from?

England always seem to have half a team injured including many first choices.

And many players at the top end of rugby suffer for the rest of their lives with wear and tear injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Where do you get your information from?

England always seem to have half a team injured including many first choices.

And many players at the top end of rugby suffer for the rest of their lives with wear and tear injuries.
                How many footballers/cricketers spend their post playing days with knackered knees and fragile backs?

Rugby players today are fitter than ever before, they train for the rigours of the modern game and condition themselves for the big hits they inevitably take.
                Agreed, England always seem to have half a team unavailable, but I feel this hits us hard as we rely on a handful of key players and do not have the strength in depth that the likes of Wales or NZ have.

I'll gladly admit that I have no cold hard stats to back up my claims but I follow many sports very closely (rugby being my favourite, and the only one I still play myself). While I'm glad to see some of the thuggery taken out of rugby, I wouldn't like to see the game itself gentrified any more than it already has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                  How many footballers/cricketers spend their post playing days with knackered knees and fragile backs?
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

If you can take that ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uh_aWqm2I0

Comment

Oh, and get ready for England to lose another half a dozen players too....

Uini Atonio to make Six Nations debut for France | Stuff.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                      X