• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats a sick day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Contract abroad 10 years ago
    Got married in the morning was back at my desk 12:30 so could still invoice half a day
    Are you still married?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Are you still married?
      Yes and with the same person.
      Was a quick civil wedding, no guests.
      Coffee and cake afterwards for ourselves and after that we both went back to work

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Yes and with the same person.
        Was a quick civil wedding, no guests.
        Coffee and cake afterwards for ourselves and after that we both went back to work
        Lucky man!
        I bet she even lies on the damp patch and doesn't expect a cuddle after sex.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
          Lucky man!
          I bet she even lies on the damp patch and doesn't expect a cuddle after sex.
          Hmm, afraid not

Comment

After 3 years of lurking this post finally made me register and comment!

While working as a permie I had a contractor on my team who dragged himself in for a day with the flu (real thing, not man flu), one by one the rest of the team including me took ill and missed at least 5 days of work. I have never been so sick before or since, we terminated him based on the time lost.

Oh, hi everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              No peanut butter jelly time for you then!

It's a strange phrase that you use in the boomed threads, isn't it? So strange in fact that the only other person to have ever used it on here is MF.

What are the odds on that? I am in no way suggestion that you're one of his creations, really I'm not. No, seriously, I'm not.
              Maybe a little Peanut Butter Jelly :P

For those that dont get it, I assume they dont watch family guy? Bad times, you need to get on that. Oh, and Im no-ones sockie :P

Comment

what is the matter with you lot?

If I am ill I work from home, if I am not ill I may also work from home or go to the client site if needed for a meeting etc..

Comment

I would rather take one day off and just stay in bed, than go for a week at reduced cacpacity.....

That said I have been discharged from A&E at 4am and was at my desk at 8:30 ready to bill
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I went for a court appearance on the clock, once.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      That said I have been discharged from A&E at 4am and was at my desk at 8:30 ready to bill
                      Move over AJ1982, I've just found a new hero
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X