• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wacko did not do nuffing against person 80

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacko did not do nuffing against person 80

Hmmm,

I think a civil action to follow. Remember OJ

no chance

Expected verdict -- the prosecution's case was so weak its not even funny. In OJs there were dead bodies, in this case everyone is alive and no signs of rape whatsoever.

Now I expect a few lawsuits from him over baseless accusations, the trial apparently cost him at least 10 mil bucks -- this ought to be paid back to him.

Comment

Re: no chance

Difference is OJ is black.

Comment

Re: no chance

I think he'll at least wipe the smile off of the DA's face by suing the state or DA's office.

Isn't he the same guy that's been trying to stitch Jacko up all along? He was the one behind the Jordy Chandler case wasn't he?

Comment

yeah

> Isn't he the same guy that's been trying to stitch Jacko up all along?

Yeah -- I am sure he is going to lose his job now, even though in the USA these posts are electable by local people. Jacko is clearly a Whacko, but that's not illegal. He is also broken financially, but from the case it always seemed to me that he was anything but molestor.

Comment

Re: yeah

Isnt it funny how lots of people like us who would never have had any time for Jackson or his music have suddenly started liking him since all these accusations started?

Maybe it's a backlash against all the stupid hysteria there is about child abuse. For centuries it was not even illegal, then for decades nobody believed it happened, and now we see it round every corner and parents aren't even allowed to film their kid's sports days, lest somebody might wack off over a fuzzy picture of little Johny in his white sports shorts. Ain't human nature idiotic?

Comment

Just because the Jury found him "Not Guilty" it doesn't mean he didn't do it!

Spod.

Comment

Well I'd be guilty of some of the charges he faced. The ones about supplying an intoxicating liquid to a minor.

All my kids have tried wine and beer before they were 5. Only tiny sips mind you, I wouldn't want to waste good alcohol on them.

Comment

centuries it was not even illegal, then for decades nobody believed it happened, and now we see it round every corner and parents aren't even allowed to film their kid's sports days
                  Excellent point. Chris Morris highlighted the insane hysteria brilliantly in his Brass Eye special a few years back. However, there is a difference between the loony left on a misguided crusade and what Jackson did. I'm not talking about the allegations. Only two people in the world know for sure whether Jackson abused the boy, but we do know that Jackson has an obsession with sleeping with boys. Whether it's entirely platonic or not, that's weird and completely inappropriate. Jackson's behaviour courted trouble.

The fact that Jackson was found not guilty doesn't prove anything. America is very reluctant to send its celebrities to jail, unless they have a certain reputation (Martha Stewart is the exception).

Personally I don't have any sympathy for Jackson. He is a grown man (a father of two), who has allegedly squandered a vast fortune, consistently acted inappropriately with children to the detriment of his career, finances and reputation, despite countless warnings and 'close escapes'. If, at the age of 46, he wants to act like a little boy, that's his right and it's his life, but he doesn't deserve sympathy. There are far more deserving cases in the world.

Comment

> Maybe it's a backlash against all the stupid hysteria there is about child abuse. For centuries it was not even illegal

Well "Carnal knowledge of an infant under the age of seven" was a capital offence in England until the 1840s.

You're pretty much right though, because I think that law was only introduced in the 18th century (when the idea got about that raping infants would cure syphilis).

Comment

Working...
                    X