• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if we don't take her back, then some other nation will have to. I think as a general principle all nations should have to take responsibility for their own citizens. Unfortunately too many, like China, don't.

If we don't want people like this in general, we should have much stricter immigration policies, only take in those who are committed to fitting in. Not end up with groups who remain apart from main society and do not embrace our core principles.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      But if we don't take her back, then some other nation will have to. I think as a general principle all nations should have to take responsibility for their own citizens. Unfortunately too many, like China, don't.

If we don't want people like this in general, we should have much stricter immigration policies, only take in those who are committed to fitting in. Not end up with groups who remain apart from main society and do not embrace our core principles.
      Careful buddy, there's a snowflake reaching for the keys!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Looking at today's news, awaiting "Good riddance of the week 2" - getting rid of Corbyn. Much more of a threat to the UK than 10,000 ISIS fighters!
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Careful buddy, there's a snowflake reaching for the keys!
          Yeh! Waiting for liberal mantra no 37, since she was born here it is nothing to do with immigration.

And, according to liberal mantra 14 in The Guardian, it's all our fault anyway because we did not do enough:

Shamima Begum: ‘Litany of failures’ by local council, police and school led teenage girl to join Isis, claims lawyer | The Independent
          bloggoth

Comment

Yeh! Waiting for liberal mantra no 37, since she was born here it is nothing to do with immigration.

And, according to liberal mantra 14 in The Guardian, it's all our fault anyway because we did not do enough:

Shamima Begum: ‘Litany of failures’ by local council, police and school led teenage girl to join Isis, claims lawyer | The Independent
            The Dad taking her to flag burning protests with radical muslims didnt help. Luckily he has offered to raise the child.

Comment

I for one feel ashamed for my part in her radicalisation.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Then again, sometimes the world just gets lucky:

Abdul Deghayes death: Brother of Syria war pair stabbed to death - BBC News

Are they all Darwin Award winners?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Such a pleasant family that.

Comment

Do you know whether her parents are committed to fitting in and embracing British core principles or not? Certainly there are some of these Muslim terrorists who have come from British families, and there are plenty of Muslims who do embrace Britishness. So, yes, don't let people in who have no intention of integrating with wider society; it probably would reduce radicalism. But it won't eliminate it.

Anyway, I like this quote

Diane Abbott, the shadow home secretary, said that anyone linked to terrorist groups “should be fully investigated and where appropriate prosecuted”

So is she going to dob on JC?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Reading fail.

Only her lawyer is making any such claim.

Comment

Working...
                      X