• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just wondering if her middle name is Ermintrude. Then she'd be Shamima E Be Gum. Turns out she's a Yorkshire lass after all.
    She may be from Yorkshire. However she renounced her Yorkshire citizenship and joined the state of "Islamic State".

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      But if we don't take her back, then some other nation will have to. I think as a general principle all nations should have to take responsibility for their own citizens. Unfortunately too many, like China, don't.

If we don't want people like this in general, we should have much stricter immigration policies, only take in those who are committed to fitting in. Not end up with groups who remain apart from main society and do not embrace our core principles.
      She renounced her UK citizenship and joined the state of "Islamic State". Let them look after her.

Comment

IF the IS caliphate which she left the Uk to fight for - against the UK - had won she would have been happy to ride into town and start filling up the beheading bins.

As it was the side she jumped to lost and now she is wanting to come back.

In 1939 we were at war with Germany - any british citizen found to be aiding an abetting the enemy would be tried for treason and if found guilty shot.

And this is the big problem - in reality she is guilty of treason - and if she comes back to the UK she needs to be tried as such.

Everyone knows this which is why there is going to be a large smoke and mirrors effort to try and push the blame everywhere else.

As the UK cannot be seen to shoot a 16 year old new mother - even if she would have happily filled the beheading bins with your kids heads.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          In 1939 we were at war with Germany - any british citizen found to be aiding an abetting the enemy would be tried for treason and if found guilty shot.

And this is the big problem - in reality she is guilty of treason - and if she comes back to the UK she needs to be tried as such
          Do you see the discrepancy in your two statements?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Do you see the discrepancy in your two statements?
            You don't think that the punishment should fit the crime then and that she should be welcomed back into the UK with open arms, given a new identity, police protection, and generally supported by the state for the rest of her life.

What crime do you think she committed, other than being a member of a know terrorist organisation.

She is doing herself no favours appearing on TV every night showing no remorse and that she still supports Muslim extremist values that supports violence
            Last edited by Yorkie62; 19 February 2019, 08:33.

Comment

Just for info, 6 were executed, one killed by the French police, one had his sentence remitted to life imprisonment, and one was imprisoned but pardoned in 1954 and released.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                You don't think that the punishment should fit the crime then and that she should be welcomed back into the UK with open arms, given a new identity, police protection, and generally supported by the state for the rest of her life.

What crime do you think she committed, other than being a member of a know terrorist organisation.

She is doing herself no favours appearing on TV every night showing no remorse and that she still supports Muslim extremist values that supports violence
                As it happens, I do think that the punishment should fit the crime. I'm not a fan of mob justice and presuming guilt without a trial, though. Which was clearly my point, missed by the usual cretins.

Comment

As it happens, I do think that the punishment should fit the crime. I'm not a fan of mob justice and presuming guilt without a trial, though. Which was clearly my point, missed by the usual cretins.
                  treason
                  /ˈtriːz(ə)n/
                  noun
                  the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
                  "they were convicted of treason"
                  synonyms: treachery, lese-majesty; More
                  the action of betraying someone or something.

What do current laws say?
                  The Treason Act 1351 was designed to punish people plotting or "imagining" the death of the monarch, "levying war" or "adhering to the King's Enemies".
                  It has been updated a number of times since then, including in each of the last two centuries. Most recently, the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act formally abolished the death penalty for treason, replacing it with a maximum punishment of life imprisonment.

Indeed my bad - so just life imprisonment then - which is fine by me.

It is vitally important that the message we do not give out is
                  a) Feel free to join and fight for enemies of our nation against us - and then expect to be able to come back to the UK
                  b) If you do do a then it is acceptable to blame the rest of the UK for your failings.

Does the Treason Act need updating? - BBC News

Comment

treason
                    /ˈtriːz(ə)n/
                    noun
                    the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
                    "they were convicted of treason"
                    synonyms: treachery, lese-majesty; More
                    the action of betraying someone or something.

What do current laws say?
                    The Treason Act 1351 was designed to punish people plotting or "imagining" the death of the monarch, "levying war" or "adhering to the King's Enemies".
                    It has been updated a number of times since then, including in each of the last two centuries. Most recently, the 1998 Crime and Disorder Act formally abolished the death penalty for treason, replacing it with a maximum punishment of life imprisonment.

Indeed my bad - so just life imprisonment then - which is fine by me.

It is vitally important that the message we do not give out is
                    a) Feel free to join and fight for enemies of our nation against us - and then expect to be able to come back to the UK
                    b) If you do do a then it is acceptable to blame the rest of the UK for your failings.

Does the Treason Act need updating? - BBC News
                    FFS, are you really as cretinous as you come across here?

For starters, do you understand the difference between your statement "she is guilty", and the reality of the CPS identifying a crime, gathering evidence, putting forward a case for prosecution, taking it to court, and then the due legal process deciding whether or not someone is guilty or not guilty of that crime?

Posting a dictionary definition of an imagined crime is (rightly) not the way that the UK conducts it's justice system to determine guilt or non-guilt of said imagined crime.

Comment

FFS, are you really as cretinous as you come across here?

For starters, do you understand the difference between your statement "she is guilty", and the reality of the CPS identifying a crime, gathering evidence, putting forward a case for prosecution, taking it to court, and then the due legal process deciding whether or not someone is guilty or not guilty of that crime?

Posting a dictionary definition of an imagined crime is (rightly) not the way that the UK conducts it's justice system to determine guilt or non-guilt of said imagined crime.
                      For folks sake

she has admitted enough on tv to be guilty.

She left the UK to go fight for IS against the UK - as she freely admits.

Or are you telling me we should welcome with open arms someone who is clearly happy seeing your head in a bin?

Or are you now going to tell me she is the victim and has been failed by the white western world and not be her radicalised religion?

Comment

Working...
                      X