• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Was hearing about this on the radio - the owner of the shooting range was asked why he did it - and the response was ' People asked us to do it'

I think right there you have the views of the nation!
    How very odd.

I wonder if he would have been so forthcoming in agreeing to do it, if the request was for any other figure in the spotlight at the moment. Say, a politician or celebrity.

Seems to me that having any face on a target, and encouraging people to shoot at it, is a breeding ground for promoting terrorism.

Comment

And up pops the snowflake.

Other targets are available, including POTUS (we could only dream) and May.

So there you go.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        And up pops the snowflake.

Other targets are available, including POTUS (we could only dream) and May.

So there you go.
        Nothing snowflakey about it. I just find it odd that a shooting range would allow any faces on their targets.

Do you have a cite/link that shows the other faces being available?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Nothing snowflakey about it. I just find it odd that a shooting range would allow any faces on their targets.

Do you have a cite/link that shows the other faces being available?
          Shooting range criticised for Shamima Begum target - BBC News

'Ultimate Airsoft Range said it provided targets of other public figures, citing Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler and Justin Bieber as examples.'

HTH

Comment

Good riddance of the week

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Shooting range criticised for Shamima Begum target - BBC News

'Ultimate Airsoft Range said it provided targets of other public figures, citing Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler and Justin Bieber as examples.'

HTH
            Yeah, I was just looking that up.

Hitler I can perhaps understand (although I still disagree with the principle of allowing a real face on a target).

Trump and Bieber surprise me - especially Trump. We’re allowing a range to include the face of the sitting US president as a target? Regardless of your politics, this is very surprising to me. There was an outcry at a baby Trump balloon, but it’s okay to shoot him in the face?

Comment

Yeah, I was just looking that up.

Hitler I can perhaps understand (although I still disagree with the principle of allowing a real face on a target).

Trump and Bieber surprise me - especially Trump. We’re allowing a range to include the face of the sitting US president as a target? Regardless of your politics, this is very surprising to me. There was an outcry at a baby Trump balloon, but it’s okay to shoot him in the face?
              Indeed and push him off a cliff...

Push Trump Off A Cliff Again

But remember you are neither shooting him in the face or pushing him off the cliff - it's not real just pictures...

(i do take your point but you will get no joy on here trying to defend her because we know she was radicalised in the UK and the people who did that are still in the UK and represent a threat as they will try and radicalise other people with the sole purpose of trying to kill people in the UK and beyond)

Comment

Indeed and push him off a cliff...

Push Trump Off A Cliff Again
                A game is slightly different to pointing a real weapon at an image of a real person.

But remember you are neither shooting him in the face or pushing him off the cliff - it's not real just pictures...
                “But remember, this balloon is not a real baby, nor the real Trump, it’s just a balloon”. Didn’t stop a few gammon snowflakes being outraged.

(i do take your point but you will get no joy on here trying to defend her
                At no point here am I trying to defend her.

because we know she was radicalised in the UK and the people who did that are still in the UK and represent a threat as they will try and radicalise other people with the sole purpose of trying to kill people in the UK and beyond)
                That’s not the point in why I am surprised that real faces are allowed on the targets.

So, here’s a question for you. Let’s say a bus load of people turned up at this range. Brown people with beards and dressed a bit funny. Wanted to use the most powerful guns that the range could legally use. Wanted to rent the place out all day to practice.

Wanted a couple of different targets set up. A London bus driver. A popular singer that would be playing an open air concert in Birmingham the next week. A policeman. Tommy Robinson. A politician.

Would you find this acceptable?

Comment

Was hearing about this on the radio - the owner of the shooting range was asked why he did it - and the response was ' People asked us to do it'

I think right there you have the views of the nation!
                  How many people would have to ask for them to grow up for it to happen?

That might be the view of 1% of the country. The other 99% want that 1% deported.

Comment

So, here’s a question for you. Let’s say a bus load of people turned up at this range. Brown people with beards and dressed a bit funny. Wanted to use the most powerful guns that the range could legally use. Wanted to rent the place out all day to practice.

Wanted a couple of different targets set up. A London bus driver. A popular singer that would be playing an open air concert in Birmingham the next week. A policeman. Tommy Robinson. A politician.

Well I'll ignore the racial stereotyping - towelheads come in all colours nowadays.

But if that did happen do you think the perpetrators would be at all humble and apologetic or do you think they would run around shouting for Mon Cal Admirals from Star Wars?

Comment

A game is slightly different to pointing a real weapon at an image of a real person.

“But remember, this balloon is not a real baby, nor the real Trump, it’s just a balloon”. Didn’t stop a few gammon snowflakes being outraged.

At no point here am I trying to defend her.

That’s not the point in why I am surprised that real faces are allowed on the targets.

So, let's carry your "logic" a little further shall we? What if instead of pictures of Justin Bieber as targets, the range only had pictures of Elvis, would this mean that Justin would be safe?
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 28 February 2019, 13:19.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X