• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Shooting range criticised for Shamima Begum target - BBC News

'Ultimate Airsoft Range said it provided targets of other public figures, citing Donald Trump, Adolf Hitler and Justin Bieber as examples.'

HTH
    Personally I think using targets for anyone is a bad move.

There again, anyone who goes hunting for fun(I can understand hunting for food and being in the army) is clearly trying to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Well I'll ignore the racial stereotyping - towelheads come in all colours nowadays.

But if that did happen do you think the perpetrators would be at all humble and apologetic or do you think they would run around shouting for Mon Cal Admirals from Star Wars?
      Well, we can both ignore the racial stereotyping then ;-)

What perpetrators? Just a day out, shooting at real faces on targets.

Why humble and apologetic? Why not whooping it up and laughing when the target gets one between the eyes? Isn’t that what’s currently happening when punters shoot at Trump?

Like I’ve said, I don’t think either scenario is right. I don’t agree with Begum’s face being there, and I don’t agree with Trump’s either. And I wouldn’t agree if Yaxley-Lennon’s face was there either. Not because I’m defending any of them, I simply disagree with the principle that on a public shooting range there could be faces of real live people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        So, let's carry your "logic" a little further shall we? What if instead of pictures of Justin Bieber as targets, the range only had pictures of Elvis, would this mean that Justin would be safe?
        What sick bastard would want to shoot at Elvis?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Well, we can both ignore the racial stereotyping then ;-)

What perpetrators? Just a day out, shooting at real faces on targets.

Why humble and apologetic? Why not whooping it up and laughing when the target gets one between the eyes? Isn’t that what’s currently happening when punters shoot at Trump?

Like I’ve said, I don’t think either scenario is right. I don’t agree with Begum’s face being there, and I don’t agree with Trump’s either. And I wouldn’t agree if Yaxley-Lennon’s face was there either. Not because I’m defending any of them, I simply disagree with the principle that on a public shooting range there could be faces of real live people.
          That's fine, you disagree all you want. Just don't expect everyone else to be in agreement with you!
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

That's fine, you disagree all you want. Just don't expect everyone else to be in agreement with you!
            Well 99% do agree.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Well 99% do agree.
              99% of who agree with what?

Comment

I don’t. I take it, then, you agree with the principle that it’s okay to put a public face on a target and shoot at it?

Comment

Nothing snowflakey about it. I just find it odd that a shooting range would allow any faces on their targets.

Do you have a cite/link that shows the other faces being available?

Anyone you like....
                  Online photo joke | Pin any face photo to the dart board

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

She can come back if she does us a quick doodle of Muhammad.

Comment

I don’t. I take it, then, you agree with the principle that it’s okay to put a public face on a target and shoot at it?
                      I think it's disrespectful but if people want to do this, who am I to stop them?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X