• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Said a gammonflake.
    To quote the late Zeity:

Originally posted by Zeity
    Twat
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      To quote the late Zeity:
      Do you need a trigger warning next time?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        I Begum hasn’t been charged with any crime and the most anyone can say at the moment is that she’s been disrespectful. No point you having an opinion on her then, I guess. Just ignore it.
        Really?

Ok benefit of doubt.

Read this and think what disrespectful means against support for an organisation that actively kills British citizens and would carry on if not defeated. Measure disrespectful against support for beheading those of a different spiritual viewpoint because religion makes it ok.

Shamima Begum: Full transcript of interview with ISIS bride hours after giving birth - Mirror Online

Actually just to prove your point beyond doubt, why not go the Manchester arena with a placard printed with your own words and see if anyone agrees with you.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Good riddance of the week

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Really?

Ok benefit of doubt.

Read this and think what disrespectful means against support for an organisation that actively kills British citizens and would carry on if not defeated. Measure disrespectful against support for beheading those of a different spiritual viewpoint because religion makes it ok.

Shamima Begum: Full transcript of interview with ISIS bride hours after giving birth - Mirror Online

Actually just to prove your point beyond doubt, why not go the Manchester arena with a placard printed with your own words and see if anyone agrees with you.
          If you can define “support for” sufficiently to pass a legal test, and you can provide sufficient evidence the Begum has provided that support, then you should give that evidence to the CPS. Otherwise, what you have is supposition, and can only show that she is being disrespectful.

Stand outside Manchester with a placard? Would it be tasteful? No. Disrespectful? Yes. But according to another poster, we just need to ignore anyone being disrespectful.

You might note that I’m actually disagreeing with that position.

In my view, there’s a large grey area between disrespectful and incitement. Hate preachers tread that line carefully, which is why so few of them have been arrested and charged. But according to another poster, we just need to ignore anyone being disrespectful. And if they are not charged with incitement, “disrespectful” is all you can claim they are being.

My view is that it cuts both ways. We shouldn’t ignore disrespect from extremists of both sides, or potential extremists. Which is why I disagree with using actual faces on targets. It desensitises people and is a step towards incitement and extremism, in the hands of the wrong (easily led) people.
          Last edited by meridian; 1 March 2019, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            If you can define “support for” sufficiently to pass a legal test, and you can provide sufficient evidence the Begum has provided that support, then you should give that evidence to the CPS. Otherwise, what you have is supposition, and can only show that she is being disrespectful.

Stand outside Manchester with a placard? Would it be tasteful? No. Disrespectful? Yes. But according to another poster, we just need to ignore anyone being disrespectful.

You might note that I’m actually disagreeing with that position.

In my view, there’s a large grey area between disrespectful and incitement. Hate preachers tread that line carefully, which is why so few of them have been arrested and charged. But according to another poster, we just need to ignore anyone being disrespectful. And if they are not charged with incitement, “disrespectful” is all you can claim they are being.

My view is that it cuts both ways. We shouldn’t ignore disrespect from extremists of both sides, or potential extremists. Which is why I disagree with using actual faces on targets. It desensitises people and is a step towards incitement and extremism, in the hands of the wrong (easily led) people.
            You are grade 'A'.
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Whilst she is an another country they should try her under that jurisdiction. If I was DnD in Spain I'd have to face a Spanish beak. IIRC she agrees that beheading for adultery is a fit punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Whilst she is an another country they should try her under that jurisdiction. If I was DnD in Spain I'd have to face a Spanish beak. IIRC she agrees that beheading for adultery is a fit punishment.
                What if they deport her to the UK, as the UK often deports foreign criminals?

Comment

Yes, perhaps “they” should. But that relies on a number of things:
                  - a functioning judicial system in the country that the person is located in
                  - a law in that country that has been broken (remembering that other countries do not have the same laws as us, so there may not even be a crime that has been committed in that country)
                  - charges to be investigated and laid.

Comment

Shamima Begum ‘flees from jihadi death threats’: ISIS bride takes son and vanishes from refugee camp | Daily Mail Online

At first I thought the UK should abandon her. Now I think the UK should rescue her. The UK radicalised her. And let in 400 dangerous ISIS fighters. She is being punished for opening her mouth. She has illuminated a very difficult area.

Comment

Oh. Has she committed adultery now?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X