• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good riddance of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Shamima Begum ‘flees from jihadi death threats’: ISIS bride takes son and vanishes from refugee camp | Daily Mail Online

At first I thought the UK should abandon her. Now I think the UK should rescue her. The UK radicalised her. And let in 400 dangerous ISIS fighters. She is being punished for opening her mouth. She has illuminated a very difficult area.

There is no benefit to the group having her back in the country. She is too far gone now. Maybe she will in future realise how wrong she was and I will feel sympathy for her then for making such poor decisions but not now.

European countries are going to have to create criminal charges for this group of people so they can be held indefinitely if they do manage to return. We will all have our own Guantanamo Bays soon.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      There is no benefit to the group having her back in the country.
      That can be said for many people already living in the UK. Or who go on holiday to the Ibiza clubs.
      She is too far gone now. Maybe she will in future realise how wrong she was
      She might be starting on that process. Her husband's captivity and torture, the fact that she's been forced to flee ... it's probably not as unlikely as, e.g., getting a flat earther to change their mind.

European countries are going to have to create criminal charges for this group of people so they can be held indefinitely if they do manage to return. We will all have our own Guantanamo Bays soon.[/QUOTE]
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        We will all have our own Guantanamo Bays soon.
        CUK certainly has its one. Its called the B****t sub forum.

Comment

CUK certainly has its one. Its called the B****t sub forum.
          but CUK keeps letting people out from that sub forum. Security isn't really up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            but CUK keeps letting people out from that sub forum. Security isn't really up to it.
            By Security you mean mods. Surely you are not suggesting the mods are not up to it? The mods are awesome! How can you dare suggest otherwise?

Do I need to add ?

Comment

The mods are awful!
              FTFY
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As if it couldn't get any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  As if it couldn't get any worse.
                  For whom?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    We will all have our own Guantanamo Bays soon.
                    The perfect place, and the weather's much worse than Gitmo:

Gruinard Island - Wikipedia
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      For whom?
                      Javid. The child (who I have compassion for).

I suspect a voting majority see this as a consequence of her actions, so I'm not sure the Diane Abbott "you killed this child" type strategy is a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X