• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SNP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've had immediate re-elections before, I think. And minority governments - although presumably not long-lasting ones.

I'm not sure who this would favour. Possibly Labour as all the SNP voters would see that voting LAbour gets them a leftist government?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We've had immediate re-elections before, I think. And minority governments - although presumably not long-lasting ones.

I'm not sure who this would favour. Possibly Labour as all the SNP voters would see that voting LAbour gets them a leftist government?
      What's this obsession with the SNP being 'hard left' ? The SNP are FAR more small business friendly than either the tories or labour. As for anyone believing that Labour are 'leftist' is laughable
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Named person is the most hard left policy from a party since the mid 80s

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Named person is the most hard left policy from a party since the mid 80s
          The mid 80s being that period when we had a right wing government ? Or have you rewritten that piece of history as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            The mid 80s being that period when we had a right wing government ? Or have you rewritten that piece of history as well ?
            "policy from a party"

You are aware parties outwith government have policies as well?

I have made several comments before about your atrocious comprehension skills, you regularly pick up on completely different meanings than what could reasonably be expected to be understood from a piece of text.

Comment

What's this obsession with the SNP being 'hard left' ? The SNP are FAR more small business friendly than either the tories or labour. As for anyone believing that Labour are 'leftist' is laughable
              They are in favour of more state control, higher taxes, and more spending on the welfare state. That's pretty left.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They are in favour of more state control, higher taxes, and more spending on the welfare state. That's pretty left.
                Care to point me at this in a manifesto ?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  It's going to be a pretty crap day if we get Miliband in number 10.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Possibly, but I can't see how they'd have the numbers. The problem with the UKIP vote is that it's widely distributed, not concentrated, unlike the Lib Dems. This is another reason why the polls (based on %) are misleading. It's unlikely that UKIP would accrue more than a handful of seats and the Lib Dems are likely to lose quite a few (although probably not as many as the polls predict). I believe that Farage has explicitly said he'd be willing to work with the Tories on confidence and supply (and many backbench Tories are borderline kippers anyway, as we know), but not in a coalition. However, as I say, I think it's a hollow gesture, as UKIP are unlikely to have the seats.
                    I think the ideal scenario would be a Tory/UKIP pact (maybe the LDs would grovel to be a part of it to remain in power, they're quite flexible anyway.) I'm not yet convinced we'll see a Labour/SNP coalition or even supply and confidence arrangement, as it would become openly transparent that Labour was selling English voters down the river to return to power. It could happen if Ed were that power-hungry, but it would make for an unstable arrangement, and may not be something English voters put up with. Maybe we'll even get our own vote on Scottish independence, i.e. the Scottish ejection vote.

You can make the argument that Labour is, as embodied by Miliband, at the very least soft left. Regardless of the ideological predispositions of some Tories, their party is largely centrist, much as Labour is. Their talking points push Labour to the left and the Tories to the right, but not by a huge deal.

Comment

Care to point me at this in a manifesto ?
                      Labour introduced the 50% tax bad, and criticised the Tories for lowering it. They want to remove tax relief on pensions by high earners (to reduce university fees).

Of course Labour want higher taxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X