• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dissertation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sammoore1208 View Post
      Evening All

I am currently in my final year of a Quantity Surveying degree and one of my modules for this year is the big one… the Dissertation.

I’m compiling my research on the use of ground investigation reports , and focusing on brownfield sites.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could complete my questionnaire by following the link below, alternatively if you are not willing to take part in my study, may I request that you let me know via email return.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D6H2MCY

Thanks in advance!
      Posted the same here. Contractor Talk Professional Construction & Remodeling Forum | ContractorTalk When I was a graduate, we understood that posting on internet forums and asking for a response "via email return" was never going to work*. How standards have dropped.

* Actually, we didn't, because we didn't really have internet forums then. At least not in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Interesting, I thought I'd deleted this...
        You had. In Technical.

Comment

Interesting, I thought I'd deleted this, but I suspect the
          OP might be getting some strange survey results after this...

Mind you, Halo Jones might make some sense of it.
          Many thanks for letting the regulars have some fresh meat.

I did look at the survey - but AndyW option was not very good so I did not continue.

Have we done the gladiator joke yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            How standards have dropped.
            Indeed. And its so violent these days - not like when I was young during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by sammoore1208 View Post
              Evening All ....
              Oh dear you really did get lost, - using forums for your dissertation data is a good idea but you should at least evidence intelligence & post your request in relevant forums.
              Spamming any forum you can find says to me that you don’t care about the data & the dissertation is more of a tick box exercise

Mind you, Halo Jones might make some sense of it.
              I started the survey but as Name & Company are required fields I stopped, as not know what is going to be asked next (considering confidentiality issues on tenders etc) I gave up.

[QUOTE=eek;2063045] I believe she was originally as equally confused about this site as you appear to be but she has stuck around for reasons we've never quite understood....QUOTE]

I at least have a tenuous link, in that I married BGG (an old poster on here) & attended one of the London meet ups & met a few of the posters after which I joined the forum & I have hung around for the entertainment value.

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              I always assumed she loved me
              Always; it’s that big weapon you have…

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Let's not start that up again. She's the reason Sas, MF and Dim fell out many years ago...
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
              X