• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

clarkson suspended by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ahem, QI

Just catch the re runs on Dave - normally just after top gear anyway...

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    and Neighbours
    when I was a student I would have agreed with you...

although there is a part of me that thinks I may well watch this

Comment

I think Neighbours has been on Channel 5 for a few decades.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        Possibly one of his biggest fans, Tommy Robinson of the EDL...

(I suspect that Clarkson has no idea who this ****wit is and would rather that this picture never occurred. I feel sorry for celebrities who are accosted by idiots like this)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

"Live" coverage, in case you weren't aware:

Jeremy Clarkson suspended from Top Gear: live - Telegraph

Comment

Beeb is purging itself of the last few tory voters in its employ. Paxo has gone, now Clarkson. Andrew Neil will be next.

Comment

There are currently 39 petitions calling for Clarkson’s reinstatement on the site (change.org), there are also 64 calling on the BBC to maintain the suspension.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Its very hard to sack people on the spot (any HR lawyer will tell you its a bad idea). You suspend on full pay and follow due process then sack them

Its cheaper to pay the weeks salary than to deal with the tribunal...
                He's not an employee, he's a contractor. Easy to get rid of

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Beeb is purging itself of the last few tory voters in its employ. Paxo has gone, now Clarkson. Andrew Neil will be next.
                  Never mind the BBC has a marvellous pool of talent to replace Mr Clarkson. Standing by are Stewart Lee, Mark Steel, Jeremy Hardy, Marcus Brigstocke... oh god can't type any more....
                  Last edited by Flashman; 11 March 2015, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                    "Live" coverage, in case you weren't aware:

Jeremy Clarkson suspended from Top Gear: live - Telegraph
                    Quality paper. never mind wars, famines and plague wot about Clarkson.

From the live blog...
                    The hotel’s general manager Robert Scott said: "It was mid-week and the whole crew stayed for several nights."

When asked about the "fracas" Mr Scott said that the hotel wanted to make no comment on whether the controversy took place inside the hotel but locals said it had.

All 18 of the hotel's rooms were booked by the Top Gear crew and the bill came to £5,760, with the three presenters staying in £140 a night luxury rooms. It was used as a base for the crew for a week as they filmed the presenters driving sports cars around local country roads.
                    £140 a night is luxury?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Does anyone have the feeling the whole thing may have been contrived, with the aim of having Top Gear canned so the whole team could move to ITV?
                      Yes, I agree, it is the most logical explanation (unless JC really is a which is unlikely). As a wise man once said - follow the money.

Agree with NF in that contractors can't be sacked, they are just Not Renewed.

Was sniggering thinking of some of the advice regularly given on here on how to get out of a contract. It rang bells. Lots of bells. Think Westminster Abbey on Coronation Day.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X