• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a thin skinned ninny ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, I'm an Iced, Half Caff, Ristretto, Venti, 4-Pump, Sugar Free, Cinnamon, Dolce Soy Skinny Latte
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Nope, I'm an Iced, Half Caff, Ristretto, Venti, 4-Pump, Sugar Free, Cinnamon, Dolce Soy Skinny Latte
      You pussy !!

Comment

political correctness is taking words in any context and making judgements. So when I was queuing at a sale at Arding and Hobbs one year there were arguments about queue pushing between black people. this ended up with one black person calling the other a "black bastard". According to many of the sanctimonious PC "left" that person no matter the context would have been branded a racist. How confusing is that for the average humorless lefty control freak?

if I call a friend of mine a thick Irish "tw*t" and it hen gets published outside of the context of how I said it then of course I will be branded a racist. Most "call centre" type men who watch top gear understand this and whilst they will make jokes and call mates all sorts of names this does not mean it is how they feel about other groups of people in general. All Jeremy Clarkson does is take this type of inter male behaviour out of the confines of the pub or office and bring it to the screens of everyone.

Most of us "get it" and love watching it being played out by three entertaining men. Those that do not and who take everything Clarkson says at face value are the humorless sanctimonious tw*ts that underneath it all he is looking to offend. The rest of us buy into that too.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

There's a lot of them around, according to this poll.

I say we should have a collective noun for them

hows about 'A Sanctimony of thin-skinned ninnies'
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Political Correctness is more a reaction to the sexism, racism and homophobia that damaged many lives and careers not so long ago (Anyone old enough to remember Love My Neighbour and the favourite epithet for the black character? I doubt I could write it now), and arguably still does. Sorry to pick on football fans, but there was that incident in the Paris metro a few weeks back, and apparently pro-rape chanting is not uncommon when Ched Evans takes the field….

PC was an over-reaction, in many cases, but the pendulum needed to swing.

Clarkson is a childish buffoon, trying his hardest to shock, and so finding his jibes offensive is to rise to his bait, a category error. But doubtless some will use the darker interpretations of his dogwhistle 'jokes' in order to rationalise some of their own more unsavoury and antisocial attitudes.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Political Correctness is more a reaction to the sexism, racism and homophobia that damaged many lives and careers not so long ago (Anyone old enough to remember Love My Neighbour and the favourite epithet for the black character? I doubt I could write it now), and arguably still does. Sorry to pick on football fans, but there was that incident in the Paris metro a few weeks back, and apparently pro-rape chanting is not uncommon when Ched Evans takes the field….

PC was an over-reaction, in many cases, but the pendulum needed to swing.

Clarkson is a childish buffoon, trying his hardest to shock, and so finding his jibes offensive is to rise to his bait, a category error. But doubtless some will use the darker interpretations of his dogwhistle 'jokes' in order to rationalise some of their own more unsavoury and antisocial attitudes.
              It is interesting that PC is deemed a reaction. Reading your words it is more like a punishment that we are all taking for the minority of racists and bigots that you describe. Like punishing the whole class for the behaviour of one individual.

So instead of engaging with the people with the attitudes that should change, the left get hold of a cause and exploit it in order to impose the sanctity of their views upon everyone else. They then hold the platform and dictate the narrative to the point where any dissent (such as laughing at humorless prats like you) is made out to be a sign of racist or homophobic behaviour.

Just like climate change. If someone denies that the client is changing then they may be fairly called a "denier". But the left have hijacked climate change to again impose their will on the rest of us. Thus they have extended "denier" to include anyone that questions not just the facts but the prognosis and narrative of their argument - which of course is to pour more money into "green activities, climate change research - not problem solving, as the last thing they want is for the problem to disappear and last but not least capitalism bashing which by proxy means removing our freedoms.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Where did the term 'political correctness' even spring from ?

In my day, we called it 'Spazzy Poof Talk'.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  Where did the term 'political correctness' even spring from ?

In my day, we called it 'Spazzy Poof Talk'.
                  I first came across it in 1985, at Liverpool uni.

We were discussing the origin of species and I mentioned the hot new 'out of Africa' theory. A few of the girls looked stunned - 'You can't say that'
                  why not ?
                  'Because you are implying that we evolved from them and therefore they are all monkeys. you absolute racist b*****'

Incredibly stoopid. big tits though
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Jeremy Clarkson is good because either you like him and have a good laugh or you can can stand on your soap box and be "sanctimonious" and lets face it there's nothing more satisfying than standing on a soap box to be "sanctimonious".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                      (Anyone old enough to remember Love My Neighbour and the favourite epithet for the black character?)
                      Wasn't it "nig-nog"?

Terrible programme though - not because of the racial slurs, but because it was just a terrible programme

Comment

Working...
                      X