• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a thin skinned ninny ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you a thin skinned ninny ?

It's been said today that the Politically Correct amongst us are thin skinned ninnies

what do you think ?
    Fighting for Fairness and justice does not make me a ninny
    29.73%
    Yes, but I think PC has gone a little bit too far
    18.92%
    I loathe PC, but you have to go along and play the game
    13.51%
    Me ? Education = Hard Knocks
    8.11%
    Polictical Correctness is an evil. It will destroy this country
    29.73%

The poll is expired.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It's been said today that the Politically Correct amongst us are thin skinned ninnies

what do you think ?
    I think the overly Politically Correct amongst us are.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

No andyw option! Mods please correct immediately!

Doesn't this offence earn a 1 day ban? Though as its our beloved EO, please make an exception. A 2 day ban...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

what do you think ?
        Being politically correct is just about having good manners.

If as a guy you open a door for me I'm not offended, however don't be surprised if I open the door for you.

The women who get offended by this are just stupid.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If Martin Luther King Jr was a thin skinned ninny then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            If Martin Luther King Jr was a thin skinned ninny then yes.
            You're comparing yourself to Martin Luther King Jr?

I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
              You're comparing yourself to Martin Luther King Jr?

Ok then what about Owen Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                Ok then what about Owen Jones?
                Then yes, you are a thin skinned ninny.

Comment

There's only a few votes in, but it looks like the ninnies have it.

I might have to tone down my jokes a bit
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's an interesting one - in terms of humour I'm a long way from what many term 'PC' (My fathers long estranged sister rocked up recently and I was told off for making the suggestion that we could pretend he has Alzheimer's and doesn't remember her) and I do like comedians like Jimmy Carr.

But, to the others (The right wing, basically) I'm the very definition of 'hang wringing PC gone made liberal' because I don't believe the concept of free speech enables you to simply say what you want with no repercussion. People love to bleat on about the right to offend etc but how many would stand by in a pub and let you mouth off about deep throating their mother etc.

I also don't see an issue with simply not offending people when it can be avoided - why be a dick. Banter aside, you'd never call a friend by a name he genuinely didn't like or choose, so why be shocked that you're being asked not to use racial slurs or whatever.
                    Last edited by vwdan; 12 March 2015, 13:38.

Comment

Working...
                    X